Posted on :
29 Aug, 2018
29 Aug, 2018
Built in 2012 in the capital city of Accra, Ghana, the FOCOS Orthopedic Hospital is an ultra-modern 50-bed specialty facility providing services to adult and pediatric patients in need of orthopedic care.
Specializing in complex spine and joint replacement surgeries, the FOCOS Hospital is fully accredited to operate both inpatient and outpatient departments.
Job Title: Registered Nurse
Main Duties & Responsibilities including, but not limited to;
• Checks and inspects supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedures – Scrubs, Gowns gloves, CSSD materials, etc.
• Sets up sterile table with instruments, supplies, medications/solutions needed
• Assists surgeons and assistants in wearing the gowns and gloves
• Passes instruments and needed items to Surgeon during surgical procedures
• Assists with draping of sterile field
• Maintains highest standards of Sterile Technique during procedures
• Prepares and applies Sterile dressings for wound closure and to surgical wounds
• Assists with cleaning and preparing of Instruments for Sterilization
• Acts as a second assistant to sponge or suction operative site
• Acquires the appropriate sterile and unsterile items needed for procedure
• Opens sterile supplies on the sterile field
• Administers medication intra-operatively
• Receives patient for surgery and conducts the pre-operative Checklist (i.e. checks patient charts, identifies patient, correct site verification, verifies surgery to be performed with consents, and brings patient to assigned OR)
• Prepares patient skin prior to draping by surgical team
• Properly handles specimen for pathology as per protocol
Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc in Nursing from a recognized institution.
• A registered member of Nurses and Midwife Council.
• Certificate & experience in Peri-Operative Nursing
• Experience in the theatre a major advantage
How to Apply
Interested Applicants should email their CV’s to: [email protected] with the job title clearly stated
Closing Date: 17 September, 2018