As the Media Buying Lead, you will be responsible for planning, implementing, and optimising display, search, and video campaigns. This role requires the ability to operate on both a strategic and tactical level – from planning to implementation to reporting.
You will partner with Focus PPC’s internal teams (Project Management, Creative, Strategy, Account Management, Web) to: manage and optimise media buys (including digital display, search, social, mobile, etc.); monitor the evolving media landscape and help develop best practices for the company; develop a deep knowledge of all media platforms including Google Search, Google Display, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Programmatic, and other premium media providers
Job Title: Senior Media Buyer
What will you be doing?
- Working with the internal teams to understand campaign goals and target market
- Presenting proposals/strategies and media schedules to relevant stakeholders
- Planning, designing, and building paid search, social, display, and video campaigns across multiple platforms
- Handling the buying and negotiating of media across various vendors for campaigns – ensure best rates negotiated on behalf of the company
- Monitoring and managing multiple client campaigns
- Proactively expanding and improving campaigns based on business needs / KPIs
- Providing regular and ad-hoc reporting and analysis on campaigns – presenting reports & media performance to business when required – excellent interpersonal skills are very important
- Working with / training junior team members to help upskill the media team
- Staying up-to-date on the latest platform changes, new channels, media landscape, and best practices – share knowledge and best practice with the team
- Representing Focus PPC and the Marketing team at industry events
- Actively identify areas for business growth & media opportunities to help drive revenue
What will you need for this position?
- Minimum 2 years of experience with pay-per-click (PPC) search engine, display, social media, video, and mobile advertising and analytics
- Ability to analyze data and trends in order to continually optimize media campaigns for efficient ROI
- Strong experience with Google Adwords – annual certifications required
- Facebook Blueprint – ongoing learning
- Strong experience with social ad platforms such as but not limited to Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Expert understanding of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Able to build compelling reports detailing campaign successes, ROI, and learnings
- Benevolent. You love people. You reach out to peers and cooperate with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Integrity. Follow-through on commitments. You live up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- Tenacity. You possess a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done.
- Excellent. You do not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project. You have a track record of doing great work.