Posted on :
1 Feb, 2017
1 Feb, 2017
Achieving food security for all is at the heart of FAO’s efforts – to make sure people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives.
Our three main goals are: the eradication of hunger, food insecurity and malnutrition; the elimination of poverty and the driving forward of economic and social progress for all; and, the sustainable management and utilization of natural resources, including land, water, air, climate and genetic resources for the benefit of present and future generations.
Job Title: Operations Assistants
Reports to: ECTAD Regional Manager for West and Central Africa
VA No: RAF01/17
• Assist in providing dav-to-day operational support to ECTAD field projects in West & Central Africa contributing to the implementation of an effective Emerging Pandemic Threats (EPT-2) Programme;
• Establish and maintain financial records and monitoring systems for the office; ensuring timely availability of resources for the smooth implementation of project activities;
• Review, clear and certify for accuracy, appropriateness, correctness and compliance with the approved budget and FAO rules and regulations, all administrative and financial documents submitted to ECTAD RM/ROO for approval and signature;
• Prepare administrative and financial documentation related to project activities and carry out initial review for RM/ROO briefing;
• Monitor and review commitments/expenditures incurred under the relevant projects and prepare appropriate revisions and amendments; as well as assist in drafting initial project budgets;
• Verify availability of funds under all programmes; ensure that operational expenditures are in accordance with approved budgets and that all committing documents are complete and consistent.
• Prepare field Budget Authorization (FBAs) requests for submission to the Regional Operations Officer;
• Review/revise draft Contracts and letters of Agreement (LOAs) and follow on submission of reports from/and payments to Service Providers;
• Assist in the preparation of procurement plans according to the activities included in the work- plan; initiate in the Organization’s computerised financial/procurement systems (GRMS), a number of documents for procurement (e.g. LOAs, Purchase Orders, Purchase Requisitions) and follow up the procurement process/status with the procurement team;
• Ensure that assets procured through ECTAD funding are properly registered, insured, used; maintained and safeguarded and appropriate inventory reports are timely and regularly forwarded to ECTAD Regional Operations officer;
• Make necessary arrangements for incoming and outgoing missions, including elaboration of. the mission Agenda, security clearances, entry Visas, flights and hotel bookings; handle the organization and logistics of conferences, meetings, workshops and study tours.
• Assist in the preparation of project progress and final reports both narrative and financial and take minutes during ECTAD Weekly Call Meeting.
• Perform other related duties as required.
DURATION: 6 months (with possibility of extension subject to availability of funds)
Qualification Required & Experience
• ECTAD West & Central Africa activities in the field monitored and follow up action taken, as appropriate.
• ECTAD Weekly Call Meeting successfully monitored and minutes of the meeting shared with all the participants in a timely manner.
• Logistics for meetings, workshops, travel arrangements, Letter of Agreements (LOAs), project reports/brief completed
• ECTAD West & Central Africa teams successfully supported
• Results Focus
• Teamwork Spirit
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Secondary School Education.
• Three years of clerical experience, including relevant experience in project operations/ administration.
• Fluency in English and working knowledge of French.
• Ability to draft correspondence of moderate complexity in the required language.
• Good knowledge of the financial and administrative procedures
• Demonstrated ability to carry out assignments with minimum instructions; initiative; organizational sense and ability to meet deadlines;
• Ability to work under pressure, in a team environment and to guide junior team members;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships of different national and cultural backgrounds.
• Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Exchange).
How to Apply For the Job
Interested candidates must complete the FAO Personal History Form (PHF) or visit the iRecruitment website below and complete your online profile and submit together with CV and Cover Letter to The HR Officer, FAO Regional Office for Africa, Accra
Closing Date: 13 February, 2017