Guinness Ghana Breweries is a Ghanaian brewery based at the Kaasai Industrial Area in Kumasi. They are listed on the stock index of the Ghana Stock Exchange, the GSE All-Share Index. It formed in 1991.When production started at its inception, the company produced only Guinness Foreign Extra Stout, popularly known as Guinness. The primary depot was at the same position with stores across the country particularly in the south. In 1988/89 another brand, this time non-alcoholic beverage, Malta Guinness was introduced and that became an instant hit capturing almost 70% of that market.
Job Title: Fresh Graduate 2016 Recruitment Exercise
Liquidity is very key to every business and therefore there is need for proper management of sales processing and debtors’ management. This can only be achieved with proper management of the company’s credit policies daily and weekly.
This role will report directly to the Credit Risk Manager.
- Liaison with Key Distributors, Treasury, Financial Control, Distribution team, and Africa Business Solution Center (ABSC) teams in all locations to ensure prompt rendition of returns which include cheques and all supporting documents
- Ensuring all Key Performance Indicators on Account receivables is met.
- Demonstrate brilliant execution, be thorough and apply high standards in everything you do
- Know your own role in beating the competition
- Understand the controls and governance required in your area. Work within these and always speak up if they are not met
- Have a positive outlook, channel your energy into finding opportunities and solutions even in times of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Show commitment to outstanding teamwork
Purpose of Role
- To manage cash processes and reconcile Accounts Receivable (AR) clearing accounts.
- Shall be committed to producing safe and quality products by following all instructions related to the Food Safety and Quality Management System.
- Receives payment schedules from ABSC.
- Collects Cheques, accurate KDs cheque writing, process cheque lodgments and send scanned copies to ABSC for processing
- Keep returned cheques register, engages customer for repayments and ensure bounced cheques are duly managed and captured in customer account in real time.
- In Liaison with ABSC, ensure Customer statements are issued in a timely manner and follow up for Customer acceptance/denied reply
- The jobholder may be instructed by his/her immediate superior to perform all tasks directly or indirectly related, additional or supplementary to the scope of duties defined in this role profile
Qualifications and Experience Required
- HND or A University degree in a business related field; Accounting Qualification or equivalent required)
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience with proven integrity.
- Proven ability to facilitate, persuade, influence and build credibility with all levels and all functions.
- Analytical, interpretative and decision-making skills.
- Sound IT knowledge in the use of outlook (Excel, word and power point).
- Working knowledge in accounting package-SAP
- Good communication skills
Barriers to Success in Role
- Lack of integrity
- Lack of attention to details.
Flexible Working options