Posted on :
12 Aug, 2016
12 Aug, 2016
AMS offers contract surface mining and exploration drilling services to the mining industry throughout West Africa in Ghana, Mali, Burkina Faso and Cote D’Ivoire through African Mining Services, and in East Africa in Tanzania and Zambia through Ausdrill International. AMS has provided mining services since 1996 and Ausdrill the parent company has established operations in Africa since 1991.
Job Title: Project Manager (AMSG0854)
AMS are currently seeking a qualified candidate interested in undertaking a role with our company as the Ghana Site Manager. This role requires a Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in Mining Engineering (or allied) with experience in the similar role. This position requires a Minerals Commission certificate of Mining Manager (MM), although a Superientendent’s Certificate may be accepted with the potential of acquiring the MM Certification in the near future.
The position will require knowledge or experience of the following:
• Contract Mining practices including experience with plant and equipment capacities
• An ability to ensure high safety and environmental standards are applied
• HR – Union, Collective Agreement and Ghana Labour Law, personnel development
• Appreciation of industry standard maintenance procedures and activities
• Contract management
• Drive for value change and continued improvement and development within the project
• Intermediate / advanced user on main computer software packages
• Good analytical skills and ability to look at challenges with alternative approaches / methods
The position will be based on one of the AMS Ghana sites although the potential exists for movement within Ghana and possibly within Africa.
If you have the required qualifications and experience in this role and wish to express your interest, please respond with your curriculum vitae, copy of your qualifications, current contact details and a 1 page essay setting out.
• The reasons why you think you are the right candidate
• Specific examples of the requirements above
• Any details not listed in this advert that you may think are relevant to the application
The one page essay will be used as part of the initial assessment phase. Please only apply if you meet the criteria and note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.
How To Apply For The Job
Respond with your application and current curriculum vitae indicating the job title and reference code as the subject to:
Or mail to:
The Human Resources Manager
African Mining Services Ghana (AMSG)
Closing Date: 09 September, 2016