Why Choose AECOM? AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
Job Title: Quay Wall Engineer
About the Business Line Transportation
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
The “Engineer-Quaywall” reports to the Construction Manager / ERMW and is part of “the Construction Management and Construction Supervision (CM/CS) Team” and is responsible for the following two main functions
- Supervising, Reviewing and Monitoring the Constructor’s Quaywall Construction and Activities including its fabrication, concreting, placement, verification and completion to comply with the design, specification , method statement and other deliverables approved by the Engineer.
- Coordinating and Reviewing the quaywall construction related documents and issues with the Project Team and the Contractor to deliver the dredging, breakwaters, revetments, ground improvement and quay wall construction for the timely completion with a high standard of quality.
The Engineer-Quaywall, as a member of CM/CS team, shall
- Support the Construction Manager / ERMW in the development of the overall project timetable and the implementation of Contractors to deliver the works on quaywall and provide the advice on quaywall issues to the Construction Manager / ERMW.
- Support the Design Coordinator/Engineer via review and comment of drawings on quaywall construction related issues pre IFC issue.
- Support the project controls team to deliver contract-package-level reporting, planning, earned value assessments for quaywall and the like for inclusion in overall project reporting to the Client.
- Support the project HSEQ team to monitor the Contractor’s implementation of QA/QC and HSE procedures based on the overall project Quality Management Plan and HSE Management Plan.
- Coordinatine quaywall works to resolve all interfaces, if any, in Breakwater/Dredging/Reclamation works with Site Engineers and the Contractors.
The Engineer-Quaywall is also responsible for
- Preparing the Construction Management Plan on quaywall for its successful implementation.
- Reviewing and Monitoring the Contractor’s deliverables on quaywall construction related issues for compliance with the contract documents.
- Establishing daily site inspections and procedures in accordance with the approved QA/QC Management Plan.
- Receiving the Contractor’s daily activity statement, reporting of actual activities and progress.
- Advising and Managing of the allocation of site inspectors including the dive-superintendent (or the third party diving contractor) and clearly defining their duties and roles under the PMC contract.
- Supervising and Monitoring the contractor’s fabrication facility including casting yards and the tolerances of pre-cast blocks and in-situ concreting works to comply with the design, specifications and method statement approved by the Engineer.
- Supervising and Monitoring the status and maintenance of precast moulds and their productivity to keep the construction programme approved by the Engineer.
- Reviewing and Monitoring the suitability of trench foundation and all rockfill materials and placements to comply with the design, specifications and method statement approved by the Engineer.
- Reviewing and Monitoring all precast block placement to comply with the design, specifications and method statement approved by the Engineer.
- Reviewing and Monitoring the as-built condition of daily block placement along with its behaviour of quaywall and Advising, if required, the necessary action or measures to comply with the specified tolerances.
- Reviewing and Monitoring the approved preloading activity and corresponding movement and settlement of quaywall to comply with the design, specifications and method statement approved by the Engineer, and Advising its compliance, otherwise, the necessary action or measures to comply with the design and specifications.
- Reviewing and Commenting the Contractor’s QA/QC and HSE Management Plans on quaywall and audit of working procedures.
- Inspecting and Reviewing the Works for quaywall to monitor the Contractor’s compliance with the approved QA/QC and HSE Management Plans, with their Manager’s support, and other Codes and Regulations if necessary.
- Coordinating and Reviewing the Shop Drawings, Temporary Works and As-built Drawings on quaywall produced by the Contractor to check the Contractor’s work compliance to the design, specifications and method statement approved by the Engineer.
- Reviewing and Recording a defective work identified in quaywall construction and Taking the necessary action for the Contractor’s remedial measures in accordance with the approved QA/QC Management Plan.
- Reviewing and Recording the results of progress delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site and Taking the necessary action for the Contractor’s recovery plan to the approved Construction Programme.
- Collaborating with the project controls and commercial teams in assessing impacts of proposed changes of quaywall scope, schedule and cost.
- Keeping a site record of all quaywall activities and Reviewing and Aadvising the suitability of materials proposed by the Contractor.
- Co-ordinating and Reviewing the Contractor’s Operation and Maintenance manuals.
- Liaising with the project team (e.g. Building & Land Works team, the Client’s team and others) in relation to ongoing project progress, quay furniture, interfaces and other issues relating to quaywall construction.
- Supporting the development of tender and contract documents for quaywall works.
Minimum Requirements Specific Skills Required
- Supervision of quaywall construction with site technical and practical knowledge
- Preparation of technical reports
- Reading and interpreting plans and specifications
- Reading and interpreting time schedules for construction
- If possible, diving capability with the certified license
- If possible, fluent in Chinese language including reading and writing
- Focused on project delivery – attention to detail and quality with a capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- The Engineer-Quaywall forms part of a larger construction management team and sound interpersonal skills and team ethic are essential.
- Experience working for a consultant is required (3 years minimum).
- Experience as Dive-Superintendent for Marine Works is an advantage.
- Experience in Marine Construction and /or Site Investigation is an advantage.
- Experience working for a contractor is an advantage
- Minimum BSc or BTech in an engineering discipline
- Member of professional organisation.
What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.