Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited is a market – leading financial services brand in Ghana, listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange.
It has operated for 118 years in the country and is currently the highest priced stock on the exchange.
The Bank’s focus and commitment to developing deep relationships with clients and customers have driven its consistent growth in recent years.
With a current network of 27 branches and 56 ATMs across Ghana, Standard Chartered offers exciting product propositions for customers and clients as well as career opportunities for more than 1,000 staff in Ghana.
It is committed to building a sustainable business over the long term in Ghana and is trusted worldwide for upholding high standards of corporate governance, social responsibility, environmental protection and employee diversity.
Job Title: Head, Wealth Management
|Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Has overall responsibility for the development, preparation, implementation and delivery of Wealth Management Products and Sales (WMPS) strategic plan, working in close liaison with the Regional WMPS Head, Country Wealth Management Head, Retail Banking Head and Relevant Product & Segment Partners.
• To build a Product and Sales Team with clear objectives and business focus, train and increase professional competencies.Business
• Accountable for WMPS costs and revenue in the country.
• Drive client revenues and returns.
• Interpret and implement client strategy at country level, consistent with the Global WMPS Strategy.
• Drive active management of key clients to grow the WMPS Wallet.
• Active performance monitoring – spot areas of underperformance and take corrective action.
• Provide direction, migrate best practices, challenge country performance and utilise Management Information Systems (MIS) to drive results.
• Conduct periodic competition scan to determine the bank’s standing in the market place and communicate same to relevant stakeholders.
• Work closely with Retail Banking with a view to deepen existing client relationships and pursue new strategic clients by offering Forex (FX), Fixed Income and other value add solutions within the approved WMPS product offering.
• Ensure competitive pricing for Client transactions across all segments.
• Ensure FX Positions and Profitability are efficiently monitored and reconciled at agreed frequencies and within agreed timelines.
• Ensure necessary steps are taken to address regulatory and internal control requirements.
• Ensure all processes are adhered to in the country, in line with approved policies and procedures.
• Ensure that the country follows the process governance practices set by the PGCs.
People and Talent
• Lead by example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
• Support team members in developing required skills in managing a process of coaching, appraisal, identification and action on training needs, with appropriate follow up to ensure that new learning is put to effective use.
• Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
• Employ, engage and retain high quality people.
• Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
• Ensure that adequate and appropriate systems and controls are in place to comply with Group and Business Policies, Procedures Standards and Codes.
• Ensure Operational Risk Management and Reporting is an integral part of the business process.
• Monitor all major risk issues and concentrations. Where appropriate, direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate reporting to Risk Committees and Functional Product Heads.
• Provide oversight across the team, ensuring compliance with the highest standards of regulatory conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws, other applicable laws (e.g., laws governing securities activities, company law) and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines.
• Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct in the country to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture.
• Engage with all audit report findings, relevant to WMPS business in the country and ensure feedback is acted upon.
||Qualifications and Skills
||The candidate must possess:
- Drive and passion for Sales
- Should have a strong analytical and academic background.
- Strong Excel skills with the ability to build and use spreadsheets
- Demonstrable risk identification and management
- ACI certificate
- CFA Level 1 certificate will be an added advantage
Click Here To Apply For Business Operations Officer
Click Here To Apply For Corporate Affairs Manager