Posted on :
28 Oct, 2016
28 Oct, 2016
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching under-served populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
Job Title: Regional Administration Assistant
USAID/Ghana Systems for Health Project , Regional Administration Assistant
• Local Hire Only
• Hours: Full Time
• Location: Ghana (Tamale, Ho, and Takoradi)
• Length of Contract: One (1) year, renewable
• Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
• Reports to: Director of Finance and Administration
USAID/Ghana Systems for Health Project will support improved, sustainable health-service delivery by strengthening vital systems to ensure access and quality while mobilizing communities and building public-private partnerships (PPPs) to maximize coverage. University Research Co., LLC (URC) and its international and Ghanaian partners share the vision that, by 2019, Ghana’s health systems will be sufficiently robust that the Government of Ghana and its health workforce, in direct partnership with the communities they serve, will be able to sustain equitable access to, demand for, and use of high-quality, high-impact health services with reduced external support, especially in the five regions targeted by Systems for Health. URC brings recognized expertise in applying evidence-based, quality-improvement approaches to accelerate the achievement of high impact health and social outcomes. We stand ready to provide technical expertise in malaria, family planning/reproductive health, nutrition, quality improvement, and management strengthening.
• Under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Administration, the Regional Administration Assistant is responsible for the operational functioning of the project. The position provides direct support to the Regional Coordinator in performing administrative duties and supervises other regional support staff, such as office assistants, cleaners and drivers. S/he provides support to administrative organization and planning, acts as a liaison between the technical and administrative support staff, and offers day-to-day support to the efficient execution of project activities.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Project Administration
• Resolve routine administrative problems using standard operating procedures and office guidelines.
• Provide logistical support for seminars, workshops, conferences, surveys, and other project activities in collaboration with technical staff.
• Oversee the preparation and management of administrative correspondence within the program and between the program and the different partners.
• Maintain confidentiality of communications and documents, as required.
• Maintain a proper log of all incoming and outgoing correspondence, as required by office guidelines.
• Maintain a filing systems for all field documentation, sharing as necessary with the central office in Accra.
• Coordinate travel, including ensuring proper authorization, bookings, car log, and driver logs.
• Supervise receptionist in proper use of telephone and mail services (including mail courier services) and other administrative duties.
• Ensure proper functioning of support systems, i.e., maintain supply of potable water, identify damaged equipment and arrange for repair or replacement, replace toner.
• Assist program staff to manage travel arrangements, including booking of hotel accommodation.
• Procurement of stationery and office supplies.
• Human Resource Management
• Ensure all staff submit their timesheets in time for approval by the Regional Coordinator.
• Track and record staff vacation and sick leave.
• Maintain the project paperwork and electronic files. Keep files in an organized, orderly manner so that records can be referred to and deciphered clearly in the event of an audit or a need for historical information.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in human resources management, public or business administration with at least five (5) years of experience working in a related field.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required.
• Experience working with USAID-funded projects is strongly desired.
• Computer literacy is required.
• Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Ghana for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
Location: Tamale, Ho, and Takoradi
How To Apply For The Job
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and cover letter to:-
[email protected] Indicating “Regional Administration Assistant” and region (Northern, Western, Central, Greater Accra, or Volta) in the subject line.
Closing Date: 05 November, 2016
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the experience & qualifications required for this position will be contacted. No phone calls, please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise.
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce Minimum Qualifications
Thank you very much for your interest.