Orica is a mining services company with global operations, and a diverse workforce of over 12,000 people servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Orica is the largest provider of commercial explosives and blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a global leader in the provision of ground support in mining and tunnelling, and a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction.
Job Title: Technical Training Specialist
This role will be responsible for the full onsite training support within the Africa regions. The successful incumbent would be required to plane, coordinate, schedule and conduct all technical internal training and facilitate external training onsite which would require both surface and underground training. Furthermore the role is responsible for evaluating learning competence, up-skilling employees, acting on improvement tools, techniques and opportunities identified and conducting needs analysis. This role will be based in Africa and will report in to the Operations and Engineering Manager.
Experience and Qualifications
- Training of employees in the active promotion of Take 5 culture and use of JSERA process, monitoring and recording of Take 5 card completion. Weekly Job Cycle Checks.
- Support the Site Operations manager in the maintenance of personnel training levels, equipment inspections, and inventory records in compliance with company and legal requirements.
- Support the Site Operations manager to ensure compliance with plant operating procedures, including: work permits, confined space entry, control of change, PPE application, record keeping, and security management and employee handbook. Use of Alteration Authority for any and all changes in plant or process, as well as Technical input to any Mining related initiatives with regards to blasting outcomes
- Support in the delivery of the Training plan for the site, including action management and audit plan. Shot firing and any other Mining related training requirement.
- Meet Global Compliance in Training best practices in plant and on Bench.
- Generation of SHE&S reports and sustenance of records
- Active participation in “participative management” approach
- Continuous variable manufacturing and blasting production cost reduction (active project participation)
- Continuous fixed cost reduction (active project participation)
- Personal employee development towards higher-level capability
- Active participation in drafting and revision of operating procedures to improve onsite manufacturing and blasting procedures.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Applicable and /or Engineering Tertiary Qualifications Preferred
- Operations & plant management experience
- Experience in explosives production/product facilities
- Experience in Surface and Underground Mining
- Experience in training facilitation and delivery essential
- Surface or Underground blasting certificate is essential