Posted on :
28 Oct, 2016
28 Oct, 2016
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
Job Title: Technical Program Officer
• Local Hire Only
• Hours: Full Time
• Location: Accra
• Length of Contract: One (1) year, renewable
• Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
• Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party for Health Systems
Division and Project Overview
• USAID/Ghana Systems for Health Project will support improved sustainable health-service delivery by strengthening systems vital to ensure access and quality while mobilizing communities and building public-private partnerships (PPPs) to maximize coverage. University Research Co. LLC (URC) and its international and Ghanaian partners share the vision that, by 2019, Ghana’s health systems will be sufficiently robust that the Government of Ghana and its health workforce, in direct partnership with the communities they serve, will be able to sustain equitable access to, demand for, and use of high-quality, high-impact health services with reduced external support, especially in the five regions targeted by Systems for Health. URC brings recognized expertise in applying evidence-based quality improvement approaches to accelerate the achievement of high impact health and social outcomes. We stand ready to provide technical expertise in malaria, family planning/reproductive health, nutrition, quality improvement, and management strengthening.
USAID funded Ghana Systems for Health Project is seeking an experienced Quality Improvement Specialist.
• The Quality Improvement (QI) Specialist will work closely with other project staff as well as Ghana Health Service at the regional level to develop and/or strengthen plans to implement high-impact integrated clinical interventions. This will include enhancing the capacity of regional, district, and sub-district managers as well as health providers to apply QI principles to strengthen health service delivery
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide coordination support to the Systems for Health technical portfolio through:
• Monitor/record timing of activities across technical areas (via activity calendars, etc.)
• Coordinate with Systems for Health leadership, Technical and Operations teams to suggest efficient timing of activities that will allow the project to make the best use of labour and resources
• Follow up with technical teams on completion of activities, gathering activity deliverables for filing electronically in Systems for Health database
• Participate in internal technical strategy and coordination meetings as well as meetings with external stakeholders, taking detailed minutes and following up with participants as necessary to finalize and distribute minutes to the Systems for Health team
• Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned across technical areas. With support from Systems for Health leadership, implement practices for improvement of Systems for Health technical processes and coordination.
• Provide support to the Systems for Health Knowledge Management/Communications team to prepare, write and edit communication materials and deliverables such as technical briefs, success stories, quarterly/annual reports, etc.
• Assist in developing technical content for presentations and briefings as requested
• Research Support
• Monitor and gather current technical knowledge to inform Systems for Health activities and distribute to relevant staff/stakeholders
• As directed, support technical staff with compilation of research on specific topics to be used for revision of training materials, policies, etc
Qualification Required & Experience
• An advanced Degree in Public Health, Nursing, Pharmacy or related field required.
• A minimum of 5 years work experience in a health related field. Previous work with Ghana Health Service and/or USG funded projects preferred.
• Track record of working effectively with a broad range of partners and in a team environment
• Strong verbal and written English communication skills is required.
• Demonstrated high-quality technical writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
How To Apply For The Job
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and cover letter to:-
[email protected] Indicating “echnical Program Officer” and region (Northern, Western, Central, Greater Accra, or Volta) in the subject line.
Closing Date: 05 November, 2016
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the experience & qualifications required for this position will be contacted. No phone calls, please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise.
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce Minimum Qualifications
Thank you very much for your interest.