G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
We act with Integrity and Respect – Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence – We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork – We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
Job Title: Patrol Supervisor (Obuasi) – G4S Security Services
The Patrol Supervisor will:
- Report to the Operations Manager
- Provide support to operational activities to ensure smooth running of the business
- Plan, organize, conduct and control the guarding operations of your zone in accordance with laid down operational policies
- Ensure effectiveness of guarding operations and contractual obligations are being met.
- Deploy the guards as instructed by the operations manager.
- Ensure site and post instructions and procedures are being implemented.
- Maintain necessary liaison with the client contact.
- Spot the security weakness of the assignments and take timely action to resolve it.
- Up gradation of security, keeping in view change in internal factor or security situation.
- Check all emergency equipment installed at the assignment and provided to the guards are in working order.
- Supervising the day to day operations at the assignments sites and ensuring that deployed guards are providing the highest quality and professional security service to its customers.
- Assist the Operation Manager in day to day function by identifying weakness/strength of the operations.
- As applicable to Patrolling (Zone) Supervisors, assists to ensure that all applicable internal company operational, financial, personnel and administrative standards, policies, procedures, instructions and orders are carried out, documented and implemented on a timely basis, updated regularly, monitored, effectively supervised and communicated to all applicable operational staff accordingly.
- Institute suitable corrective measures based on client meetings and feedback.
- Inform clients prior to making any changes in the guarding personnel deployed at posts.
- Make a plan for patrolling supervisor including route charts and timings for checking.
- Assist the Operation Manager to meet company, branch, and individual and team performance targets measured through Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) in Key Result areas.
- Reduce and prevent possibility of loss of profitability at customer sites and Identify opportunities to reduce operating costs
- Claims for overtime are checked to ensure accuracy and justification and kept to an absolute minimum.
- Ensure that the health and safety policies and procedures for all employees is promoted and practiced throughout the Branch and the client sites.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A minimum of a Diploma or its equivalent in related field
- At least 3-5 years working experience
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must have supervisory experience
- Previous security experience will be an added advantage
- Must be able to drive a motor bike and must have a valid Driver’s license A (More than 2yrs Driving Experience)