At GBfoods we offer culinary solutions in several countries of Europe and Africa with prestigious leading local brands, including Jumbo, Gallina Blanca, Erasco, Gino, Liebig, Star, Bama, D&L, Grand’Italia and Blå Band, among others.
Our Purpose “Celebrating local flavours” is to empower and take care of each of the local communities we belong to and to bring out their authentic flavours. Some of our local brands have been in consumers’ kitchens for over a century and have positioned themselves as authentically loved brands, as well as deeply rooted parts of the local culture.
Today, with a turnover of around 1,2 billion euros and a team of around 3,000 people, we are the preferred choice of millions of consumers.
Job Title: Payroll and Budget Specialist
Role & Responsibilities:
Anchor and drive the HR and People Agenda through quality reward and organization effectiveness to improve performance of the organization. The incumbent will manage the organizations’ monthly payroll activities and support the end to end budget processes.
Key Role & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for running the monthly payroll consistently on schedule
- Prepare monthly payroll accruals and as well as provide variance and modification reports
- Ensure timely payroll reports reconciliation with the respective Accounts team
- Complete all required administration tasks (archiving and retrieval of payroll records) and analysis for all local benefits plans and as well process all vendor invoices.
- Manage relationship with pension and payroll service providers
- Ensure the organization is compliant with statutory payments
- Point of contact for queries on benefits, payroll management and tax related matters
- Support with the conduct of external salary surveys by preparing local market submissions and respond to additional data requests.
- Support the annual reward cycle with detailed analysis, modelling and reconciliation
- Support with the development of local bonuses, sales incentives, and retirement plans through detailed analysis.
- Responsible for preparation of reward letters after each review of compensation
- Design and maintain a reward calculator to support new hire package decisions.
- Support the end-end budget process
- Assist the Country HR Manager in tracking and managing total overhead budget for the business area and the non-staff related costs.
What can you expect from us?
Being part of a multinational company that prides itself with leading brands recognized in their respective countries by consumers and the entire industry.
What do we expect from you?
We expect someone who shares in our values, motivated and willing to grow.
Skills and Experience required
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and professional certification in Human Resource Management
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ relevant industry experience in a similar position
- Superior analytical ability with expertise in financial/ statistical analysis and spreadsheet modelling.
- Good knowledge of HR practice and Labour Laws
- Good knowledge of income tax legislation in the operating environment.
- Experience of carrying out salary reviews and surveys
- Experience of creating and implementing Reward Policies and managing the changes
- Effective Communication, presentation, negotiation, and persuasive skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure, prioritize own workload and take ownership of problems.
- Good people management skills, able to build strong professional relationships with HR colleagues and the wider community of staff