Posted on :
8 Nov, 2018
8 Nov, 2018
Enjoying together around good food” defines the essence of GBfoods. Today, with a turnover of around 1 billion euros and a team of 2400 employees, the Group is present in Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Russia, CIS Republics, in 30 countries in Africa and the Middle East.
Since its launch, more than 40 years ago in Africa, Jumbo has become the leading brand, strongly integrated into the local culinary heritage. Today, Jumbo is a well-loved brand reputed as a friend and a partner to women in their efforts to nurture happy and healthy families. Every year 4 billion Jumbo cubes are consumed throughout the African continent.
Gino provides a wide range of quality products to African families: tomato paste and mix, seasonings, pasta and rice among other products.
Job Title: Internal Control and Audit Manager
Role & Responsibilities:
What can you expect from us?
This position is responsible for generating added-value evaluations and recommendations to the Africa Regional and Country Management Teams to enhance GBfoods Africa’s governance, risk management, compliance and audit model to accomplish the strategic objectives and transformational agenda. The position provides great prospects for a bright and hard-working individual willing to grow in an international organization and fulfill a meaningful career.
Main Functions & Responsibilities
– Conduct annual risk assessment assisting regional and local management to establish controls to mitigate identified risks and developing annual Internal Audit plan for Africa Region.
– Assess, evaluate and promote compliance to external laws and regulations and internal Group policies and procedures, contributing to the development of processes internal controls and ethical business conduct practices.
– Coordinate and perform internal control and audit projects at all Africa Regional and country locations, providing management with timely audit reports on effectiveness of control environment and recommending action plans.
– Monitor and validate completion of risk, compliance and audit recommended action plans, appraising adequacy of management responses and corrective actions implemented.
– Manage Africa Region internal auditing outsourcing and co-sourcing engagements (when needed).
– Develop Africa Region fraud management protocols (preventive, detective and response controls) conducting ad-hoc investigations and reviews (when needed).
– Report periodically to key stakeholders on risk compliance and audit key projects results and action plans:
– Africa Regional Management Team
– Risk, Compliance and Audit Committee (delegated body of the Board)
– Coordination with external auditor on setting remediation actions to key internal control weaknesses identified.
– Collaborate with corporate projects as defined by Corporate Internal
– Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Engineering (an MBA is a plus).
– At least 8 years of postgraduate professional experience in an internationally recognized professional accounting firm (Big 4) and/or in the internal audit dept. in leading private sector company, international organization in Africa.
– Professional qualification in Accounting, Financial Management or Internal Audit Certification such as CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) is a plus.
– Strong knowledge in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SAP ERP system. Experience with GRC and data analytics IT tools is a plus.