GBO Ghana is a Ghanaian affiliate organization of Global Brigades; the largest student-led movement for health and sustainable development. Through our skill based programs called Brigades, university students and young professionals from across the United States, Canada and Europe travel to Ghana throughout the year to partner with local communities and organizations to implement sustainable solutions to health, WaSH and economic disparities in underserved communities within the Central Region of Ghana.
Job Title: Brigade Coordinators
Location: Cape Coast, Ghana
Languages: English, Fante and Twi
Job Type: Part time
GBO Ghana is seeking highly talented and well-motivated team members to direct, control and coordinate the effective development of assigned brigades.
Roles and Responsibilities
- He/she must carry out a general orientation of Volunteers about the lodging facility i.e. compound rules, regulations and various security precautions (emergency assembly and exit points).
- He/she will assist with the arrangement of the requisite logistics for brigade execution.
- He/she must ensure all volunteers are provided with the requisite documents to guide them throughout the Brigade period.
- He/she will also pickup and drop off volunteers at the airport prior to brigade execution and at the end of the brigade.
- He/she must ensure the effective security of foreign volunteers throughout the brigade period.
- The coordinator will also be responsible to ensure volunteers and staffs at the lodging facility are of good behavior.
- He/she will handle general complaints and comments from volunteers.
- He/she will be the liaison between GBO Ghana and partner communities.
- He/she will assist in addressing general brigade challenges.
- Assist with the development of brigade itinerary.
- He/She must report immediately to the Operations Manager any unusual eventuality that occurs during and after the brigade.
- Ensure that volunteers and brigade personnel comply with the general GBO brigade rules and regulations.
Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum of a first degree from any recognized University.
- A minimum of one (1) year working experience with any Development Organization.
- Proven Track record of working with volunteers will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Ability to speak fluent Fante or Twi
- Ability to work independently or under minimal supervision
- He/ She must be willing to work in rural communities.
- Ability to multi tasks and meets stipulated deadlines
- Appreciable working knowledge in community development
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Must be a team player
- Must have excellent communication skills
- He/she should be residing in the Central Region or willing to relocate.
- Ability to think clearly and make good decisions
- Must be willing to work overtime and sometimes on public holidays
- Must have excellent computer skills (word, Microsoft, power point and outlook)
How to Apply
All interested candidates should submit their cover letters and detailed CVs to the Operations Manager GBO Ghana via [email protected] .
Deadline for submission is 28th September 2018.