Posted on :
3 Nov, 2010
GE is a diversified global infrastructure, finance and media company that is built to meet essential world needs. From energy, water, transportation and health to access to money and information, GE serves customers in more than 100 countries and employs more than 300,000 people worldwide. For more information, visit the company’s Web site at www.ge.com.
Posted Position Title: Mining Account Executive, West Africa
Career Level: Experienced
Function Segment: Sales Management
City: Other Ghana GH
Relocation Expenses: Full Expenses
Role Summary/Purpose: The Mining Account Executive identifies opportunities for GE businesses across the entire GE portfolio. Representing the business to “C” level executives within key mining accounts. Deploy GE technologies to help customers meet their objectives and solve key problems. The incumbent will lead the entire GE portfolio across the mining segment in West Africa.
Essential Responsibilities • Grow revenues from the Mining segment including strategy development, integrated account planning, opportunities identification and value communication.
• Develop strong strategic relationships.
• Serve and grow every GE P&L.
• Drive growth through the EPC sales channel.
• Be responsible for the operating plan of assigned mining accounts.
• Identify areas to penetrate and grow profitability. Strongly interface with the marketing organization to drive high value solutions leveraging the GE portfolio.
• Act as a conduit for solutions must have a detailed understanding of customer business models and how GE products and services develop and deliver added value to the customer.
• Build customer relationships and communication at all levels.
• Identify opportunities to develop new products (NPI’s) to support customer needs.
• Matrix with existing functional and P&L teams to achieve growth objectives. Must have the ability to structure, price, negotiate and close deals.
• Identify customer total expenditure and assist the business in increasing existing penetration.
• Develop a Growth Play Book for key accounts.
• Utilize six sigma tools and methodologies to drive improvements in key processes for the customer.
Qualifications/Requirements: • Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business.
• Minimum 5 years sales experience to senior levels of major corporations.
• Fluent English.
Desired Characteristics • Strong background in at least one of GE products and services, or similar experience with comparable competitors products.
• 10+ years of direct sales, account or team leadership experience.
• Solid experience in business development and/or building growth plans.
• Demonstrable ability to develop and maintain customer relationships at the CEO staff level and at least the next four levels down.
• Strategic and/or product marketing exposure.
• Customer-centric mindset, able to translate customer issues/needs into profitable business solutions.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
• Concern for all aspects of the job; must be attentive to detail.
• Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
• Fluency in relevant local languages desirable.
Click on the Link below or Visit GE website and Apply Online