Posted on :
29 Aug, 2019
29 Aug, 2019
Gas to Power – GTP and fuel expertise is a critical growth strategy for GE Gas Power which is based on the ability to get natural gas, LPG or any optimum fuel to locations that need power. The senior fuel infrastructure manager coordinates the GTP and fuel efforts across GE Gas Power in SSA; building a strategy with the commercial & engineering teams & working with development partners, gas suppliers and traders and financial institutions to provide solutions for the opportunities across SSA.
Job Title: Senior Fuel Infrastructure Manager
The Senior Fuel Infrastructure Manager will play a critical role in supporting the commercial and engineering team in structuring and implementing fuel solutions related to large scale LNG, small scale LNG, LPG, and other fuels to enable various projects in SSA.
He/She will drive the pre-feasibility of projects working with the commercial and engineering teams. He/She will advise during project development execution and play a critical role in negotiating fuel supply and services agreements. As a senior fuel infrastructure practitioner, He/She will be responsible for establishing and maintaining strategic partnerships with fuel infrastructure players and fuel suppliers in the region. He/She will also drive best practices, share knowledge from previous experiences, and ensure GTP deals and projects needing fuel solution are designed and executed to deliver the highest likelihood of succeeding.
• Identify, structure and implement investible and bankable LNG, LPG and CNG infrastructure solutions
• Drive early stage GTP prospects from concept through to executable solution in conjunction with commercial and engineering teams
• Leverage existing relationship networks and forge new networks for the benefit of the regional commercial and engineering effort
• Drive information sharing and best practices across the business
• Stay connected to HQ for support and alignment as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline or science e.g. Engineering, geology, chemistry or petroleum science coupled with significant experience in the energy sector or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Deep gas to power sectoral expertise and experience developing and executing gas infrastructure solutions involving LNG and/or LPG as an advisor or principal
• Senior level experience in gas to power consulting, project development, advisory, project management or project finance
• Emerging markets gas to power experience in Africa, the Middle East, Latin America or South East Asia.
• Results-oriented with ability to convert business requirements and goals into realistic project milestones
• Effective networking skills and strong communication skills are a must
• Business Judgment and Execution Knowledge – should have, or be able to quickly develop, a thorough understanding of GE’s key business segments to actively engage in helping identify and execute strategic initiatives
• Leadership, Collaboration and Influencing – should be able to demonstrate a team approach to solving problems by consulting peers, as well as, using internal and external networks
• Must be able to work within a global matrix organization and interact with executives at the most senior levels
• Have “hands-on” approach and be prepared to generate actionable partnership ideas without significant direction
• Strong working experience and familiarity with SSA nuances
• Master’s degree in a technical discipline, science or an MBA
• Strong interpersonal skills and negotiation skills
• A strong communicator, facilitator and problem-solver
• Strategic thinker who balances thought leadership/best practices with strong results- orientation
• Strong analytical skills
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.