GECAS, the U.S. and Irish commercial aircraft financing and leasing business of General Electric (GE), has a fleet of 1,530 owned aircraft with approximately 245 airlines in over 75 countries, and it manages over 325 aircraft for others. GECAS offers a wide range of aircraft types and financing options, including operating leases and secured debt financing, and also provides productivity solutions including spare engine leasing, spare parts financing and management. GECAS, a unit of GE Capital, has offices in 23 cities around the world.
Job Number: 1234304
Function: Sales – Client, Account and Affiliate Origination and Management
Business: GE Capital – Aviation Financial Services
Career Level: Experienced
Location: Other Ghana GH, Ghana
- Driving, owning, and developing relationships with customers, government and civil aviation authority officials, and other stakeholders in a given region/territory.
- Growth targets, portfolio management, and customer resolutions.
- Developing and overseeing penetration strategies for the region and key target accounts, with external and internal stakeholder input.
- Originate, develop and support closing of aviation transactions consistent with the GECAS net income and growth objectives.
- Serve as the GECAS Marketing representative to potential target customers in the specified region. Build the business in this region by driving expansion of the customer base and penetration across the product portfolio.
- Identify and create deal opportunities including buying, selling, structured financing of large ticket commercial aircraft, and marketing of the existing GECAS aircraft fleets. Deliver on set targets in the areas of aircraft placements (new deliveries and roll off), sale & leasebacks, engine and parts trading financing, and aircraft debt opportunities.
- Promote and champion deals with regards to the factors relevant to GECAS’ internal approval processes, such as risk and return elements and franchise strategy.
- Provide direction to deal teams in order to drive transaction execution on key cycle time metrics.
- Follow airline credit profiles & business development, facilitate early warning for credit concerns, enforce collections and oversee deal restructurings.
- Maintain and cultivate support systems and liaise with internal GECAS functional teams, including Marketing Operations, Legal, IT, Risk, Finance and Tax, Customer Service.
- Interface with other parts of GE Commercial Finance, GE Infrastructure and other GE units to advance system opportunities
- Extensively travel will be required, in particular during first ~6 months to other GECAS locations for training & assimilation (including potential extended stay; i.e. +1 week).
- Bachelors degree
- Demonstrated strong solutions orientation, successful problem solver with track record of delivering results.
- Experience in structured financing including lead responsibility for sourcing, negotiating and closing transactions.
- Experience with developing, leading, and executing complex financial transactions.
- Strong project management skill and ability.
- Proficiency in English
- You must apply via COS (internals) or www.gecareers.com (externals) to be considered for this position
- Unrestricted work authorization in Ghana
- Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to drug testing, reference verification, and background check.
- Ability to travel extensively travel will be required, in particular during first ~6 months to other GECAS locations for training & assimilation (including potential extended stay; i.e. +1 week).
- MBA or advanced University degree or equivalent professional qualification in Finance, Engineering or a related field.
- Experience of leading cross-functional deal teams with strong facilitative skills.
- Experience with and understanding of the aviation industry.
- Proven track record in a sales or marketing role.
- Proven success at multi-tasking thrives in a high-pressure environment with shifting priorities.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Experience with and understanding of the aviation industry and technical aspects of aircraft.
- Strong understanding of the manufacturers (Boeing, Airbus, GE Aircraft Engines, EMBRAER, Pratt & Whitney, Rolls-Royce, etc.)
- Proven ability to manage large ticket, complex transactions.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, self-motivated.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Financial skills – understanding cash flow analysis, IRRs and an ability to understand and interpret financial statements. Strong problem solving skills.
- Credit skills – ability to analyse financial and non-financial information relevant to an assessment of a customer’s probability of default.
- Accounting skills – strong command of accounting treatment and implications of leases, loans and structured finance products.
- Strong PC skills including Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Knowledge of aircraft operating/ finance lease structures.
- Working knowledge of GECAS/ GECF processes and GE Spirit & Letter Integrity Policies.
- Basic French.
Apply for this job