Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Job Title: Sr Sales Manager – Sales Operations
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according to all local laws protecting different status.
The Sales Manager will own and drive the OFE SPS and Services go to market strategy and sales execution in his/her premises (Ghana focused and extended to rest of SSA excluding Nigeria and Angola).
He/She will be accountable for the business growth, delivering an early engagement strategy, leveraging BHGE’s fullstream provision (of technologies, services and digital solutions) and nurturing customers relationship. He/She will be measured mainly with Sales Orders Volume, Market Share and Convertibility.
- Identify Oil Field Equipment Opportunities in Ghana and in the rest of SSA (excluding Nigeria and Angola)
- Develop influential relationships with customers at all levels and develop strategies to win profitable business from those customers
- Own and drive the Subsea Services strategy in region to achieve targeted growth and to influence deals
- Support the Subsea Production System main deals identification and pursue
- Achieve/exceed sales, growth and convertibility targets in assigned geography
- Drive the commercial operating rhythms around the Subsea Services business in the assigned geography
- Co-ordinate the sales activities per segment ensuring the development of BHGE brand awareness in the market
- Collaborate with marketing to screen potential business deals by researching market strategies, deal requirements and financials
- Identify and win new customers while developing existing customer base to ensure continuous production consistent with established standards… Improve NPS
- Coordinate with Product Managers to develop New Product Introduction (NPI) & Product Line Extension (PLE) programs in line with customer requirements
- Identify customers for market share in industrial services including engineered solutions, new products, replacements, repairs, rentals and field services
- Collaborate across OFE and Regional network with the required functions to accomplish sales growth and margin, not limited to sourcing, engineering, commercial, finance, quality and HR
- Develop and deliver penetration strategy for low/new market share areas
- Develop customer relationships at the transactional level with key decision makers, moving accounts from transactional to enterprise selling level
- Actively participate in the S&OP to planning for the forecast and timely delivery of needed equipment
- Perform early key stakeholder engagement to identify product requirements specific to market needs and provide inputs to product management team
- Develop long term customer relationships through the ability to identify and capitalize on opportunities that immediately satisfy customer needs
- Provide periodic status reports as required as well as use Company’s Digital Tools (Deal Machine) as needed to comply with business requirement
- Comply with all health, safety, environmental, compliance and quality management system requirements, policies, and procedures relevant to the position
- Coordinate with other BHGE business teams to leverage technology, materialize cross selling, developing synergies and leveraging a Fullstream approach
- Represent Company at trade show association and application specific events
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Minimum of 5 additional years of experience in Sales Operations
- Proven experience in one or more of Oil & Gas Services companies (operator or equipment/service company)
- Knowledge of the Sub Saharan Region dynamics and customers
- Valid authorization to work full-time, without any restriction, in Ghana
- Strong problem solving, negotiating and conflict resolution skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and resolve problems
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
- Established project management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Effective at managing multiple competing priorities under tight deadlines
- Ability to anticipate Customer needs and to ensure they are met
- Ability to generate new and unique ideas with the courage to take action
- Previous regional role in sales and/or services would be advantageous
- Demonstrated ability to solve or lead complex technical issues to a successful resolution
- Demonstrate ability to identify and implement best practices
- Strong combined experience in commercial and technical roles within the surface pressure control industry
- Previous experience in Oil & Gas front end customer engagement, tendering and team management