GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Job Title: Senior O&M/Station Manager
O&M Manager will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all operations and maintenance aspects of the Operations & Maintenance Support Agreement between GE Power Services and the Customer.
The role will provide leadership to the site Operations and Maintenance team for safe, efficient and reliable plant operation and maintenance.
- Ensuring compliance in all areas of Buyer’s Health, Safety and Environmental programs and procedures as applicable to the Power Station requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with all maintenance aspects of the O&M Agreement between Buyer and Early Power Limited including all statutory requirements.
- Leading a team of reliable and qualified personnel within the Operations and Maintenance departments through strategic recruitment, succession planning, training, development and motivation of individuals and the team.
- Continuous development, improvement and auditing of a comprehensive site maintenance strategy, within a quality framework accreditable to internationally recognized standards and consistent with buyer’s objectives while achieving maximum Power Plant availability at the lowest heat rate in a safe, reliable, economical and environmentally friendly manner.
- Establishing, maintaining and auditing routines, for all maintenance aspects of the Power Plant, within a quality framework accreditable to internationally recognized standards.
- Initiate as may be required by Buyer an FMEA and implement a strategy to avert operational risk on all plant and equipment.
- Developing the functionality of the site CMMS package
- Developing an overall Gas Turbine/Steam Turbine outage management package covering differing scopes, planning, quality & cost to ensure that operations and maintenance costs are in line with international best standards.
- Managing the site spares warehousing facility
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with the site Operation Team & other stakeholders
- Participating with the O&M management team in developing & implementing a world class O&M strategy
- Managing the site operations and maintenance & engineering budgets
- Developing, proposing, implementing and managing capital scheme projects as may be required.
- Providing expert technical guidance on engineering standards and repair techniques to minimize production losses
- Development and draw down of various support contracts for effective operation and maintenance of the Power Plant
- Supporting Buyer with the selection and placement of new and current contractual agreements with contracting firms and contractors on site
- Managing and implementing EHS procedures within the area of responsibility.
- Managing and monitoring the effectiveness of initial and refresher EHS training provided to all operation and maintenance personnel.
- Provision of support services to the Operations Department for completion and recording of routine operation activities.
- Provision of support services to the Maintenance Department for completion and recording of routine maintenance activities.
- Management of complex issues within functional areas of expertise
- Establishing and sustaining within the Maintenance and Operations teams a culture that promotes a safe and positive work environment
- Maintaining a team of reliable and qualified personnel to operate the Power Plant on a continuous shift basis
- The O&M Manager will be available on a call rotation with the other members of the Management Team or as may more generally be necessary.
- Deputize for the Plant Manager as may be required.
- Development of Quality Operational procedures consistent with Buyer’s requirements and achieving maximum Power Plant availability at lowest heat rate in a safe, reliable, economical and environmentally friendly manner
- Establishing, maintaining and auditing routines, for all operational aspects of the Power Plant, within a quality framework accreditable to internationally recognized standards.
- Support Buyer on the selection of a suite of suitable administrative procedures and processes to manage Fuel Nominations, Dispatch and Availability Profiles, to comply with all O&M contractual requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college/or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 additional years of experience in Customer Service Management.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the role’s location
- Master’s Degree in an Engineering discipline or working towards one preferred
- MBA or working towards MBA preferred
- Strong project management, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Prior customer interface experience with capability to build effective customer relationship
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels
- Six Sigma training or equivalent quality training (GE employees only).
- Ability to apply statistical methods for process improvement.
- Ability and willing to travel from time to time as required by the business needs
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of an organization.
- Prior experience of GE Turbines is required