Posted on :
26 Jul, 2016
26 Jul, 2016
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title: Technical Support
Career Level: Experienced
Function Segment: Distribution
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available: Ghana
City: Other Ghana GH
Relocation Assistance: No
Technical Support is responsible for defined work or projects with moderate complexity.
In this role you will follow an individual work plan, meet day-to-day short-term objectives, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
· Make repairs on complex signal processing and digital circuitry used in advanced testing apparatus
· Perform routine preventive maintenance and annual calibration on field test equipment that is in-house or at remote locations
· Maintain a database on each piece of equipment to record and track maintenance and repair history
· Analyze and recommend spare part inventory levels for assigned instrumentation, initiate replacement orders, organize stock for orderly storage and monitor usage
· Interface with other members of the Technical Support Team to support overall organizational goals and objectives
· Work closely with Operations Manager in assigned area, providing weekly metrics on performance, schedules on critical repairs, as well as daily updates on critical equipment
· Recommend major rebuilds, and redesigns to Manufacturing Engineering, and perform minor redesigns for the elimination of future breakdowns
· Work closely with Manufacturing Engineering in the review, design and installation of machines, prepare Preventative Maintenance schedule, lubrication charts, and determine the necessary spare parts levels
· Direct skilled trades in the latest repair techniques and maintenance methods
· Contribute to the Six Sigma efforts within the organization
· Develop opportunities for reducing operating expenses
· Actively participate in safety initiatives
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years of experience in a maintenance position)
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred
· Prior experience with maintenance in a large manufacturing environment is preferred
· PC proficiency in Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.
· Strong organizational skills
· Six Sigma training is preferred
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills