Posted on :
14 Sep, 2018
14 Sep, 2018
This role will support the financial reporting & cost management in the capacity as a Supply Chain Finance resource while demonstrating accountability for functional, business and broad company objectives of GE Oil & Gas Ghana Limited (Baker Hughes, a GE Company).
Job Title: Finance EID Intern
• Determines cost of operations by establishing standard costs; collecting operational data.
• Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
• Guides cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
• Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
• Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.
• Maintains database by entering, verifying, and backing up data.
• Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; studying proposed changes in methods and materials.
• Increases productivity by developing automated accounting applications; coordinating information requirements.
• Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Humanities (Arts)
Overall GPA greater than or equal to 3.5/4.0GPA
The ideal candidate will possess excellent academic credentials, proven leadership experience, strong analytical and communication skills, change-oriented, demonstrated integrity, and team player orientation.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo , or visit us at BHGE.com .
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.