GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Job Title: Product Sales Specialist – Air Insulated
The Product Sales Specialist, for High Voltage Air Insulated Switchgear (AIS) is responsible for:
Managing the offers process and mutually agree the strategy with the Account Managers to achieve the budget objective and the margin of the Region for the product lines.
Contributing to building project specific, technically & commercially attractive offers based on Account Manager advices, Technical department support and customers’ needs, in accordance to GE Ethics and Compliance policies.
- Market knowledge and vison: explore opportunities, define strategy and shape demand
- Drive commercial activity for a specific Product Line in the region/ sub-region within Order Intake and Gross Margin on Order Intake targets
- Keep abreast of competitor product portfolio
- Meet the customer regularly together with the Account Manager in charge
- Explore and propose strategy to cover all channels to the market
- Deploy and adjust answer strategy taking in account the input from the end user requirements, the Account Manager, Contractor(s) when applicable (including
- Grid Solution units) and Products unit
- Build the knowledge of market prices, competitors, and user specific requirements
- Build and Close Offer
- Assess project complexity and define a project strategy with the input of Account Manager
- Understand the RFQ / Customer’s demand & actual needs and develop the value proposition for each offer
- Conduct spec-in, spec-out, products qualification
- Trigger tendering process (Go/No Go + RFQ to PL Tendering) and follow up on tender progress
- Build with the PL tendering the more relevant Technic-commercial offer for its Product, taking into account the different parameters & stakeholders involved (product portfolio & competitiveness vs. competitors’ vs. customer needs / factory constraints/ Solutions).
- Set target price, with input from Account Manager and PL Commercial.
- Build the Risk & Opportunities analysis and the associated mitigation plans.
- Validate and challenge Estimate Analysis Sheet and set the price, in liaison with the Account Manager and the PL Commercial.
- Launch and follow Tender approval process (TAC/BUSTAM)
- Prepare and submit the offer through Account Manager
- Lead technical clarification process, listen to & resolve open concerns
- Negotiate contract (price, terms and conditions) in coordination with the Account Manager
- Order booking and other
- Prepare and conduct hand over to project / contract execution
- Bring market technical feedback to PL R&D
- Conduct Win / Loss analysis with the Account Manager & participate in Return of Experience
- Participate to the definition of Commercial Action Plan at Region level
- Interface with PLs for load forecasting
- Feed management with market data
- Comply with Quality Procedures, work instructions and Processes in e-book and on site
- Report or resolve any non-conformance and process in a timely manner
- Health and Safety
- Demonstrate commitment to safety through participation in formal and informal discussions
- Adhere to all safe working procedures in accordance with instructions
- Ensure safety work instructions are complied
- Participate in the resolution of safety issues
- Initiate actions to improve health and safety where needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or graduated from a Business School from an accredited university or college
- Min 3 years of experience in sales and tendering experience preferred with good understanding of sales basics
- Good knowledge of Electrical transmission business (in the given area)
- Technical knowledge in PL product portfolio is a must
- Willingness to travel
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the role’s location
- Expertise required in the Energy sector
- Experience in business development in coverage area (i.e. specified markets) in SSA
- Knowledge of the structure and organization of target companies in the region
- Ability to prioritize and effectively handle multiple opportunities, consistently meeting deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in international and matrix organizations