Posted on :
26 Oct, 2016
26 Oct, 2016
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
Job Title: Edison Engineering Development Program
Career Level: Entry-Level
Function Segment: Leadership Programs
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Ghana
City: Other Ghana GH
Relocation Assistance: No
EEDP is an intensive program for people with a passion for technology, a drive for technical excellence, and share in GE’s core values. The program is designed to accelerate participants’ professional development with intense technical training and a variety of business-critical assignments. Graduates have the technical/business foundation to proactively/continually make innovative contributions to GE’s future. If you love technology and want a career in engineering, the EEDP is for you.
This job is for the GE Power business
EEDPs at Power & Water experience technically challenging rotations that are driven by innovation. Edison Engineers are currently working to develop expertise in the Power Generation Industry. The core engineering skills gained in assignments are enhanced through GE advanced courses in engineering (ACE).
Candidates will be expected to complete their masters in core engineering from the University of Georgia Technology or North Carolina State University through distance learning. Corporate courses are also provided.
Advanced academic exposure, experience and training combined with mentoring and guidance from assignment managers, prepares members with the technical skills and values needed to achieve a successful career in technology.
Due to the rotational nature of the Program, the Edison Engineering Development Program consists of 5 assignments in related areas. The rotation assignments are intended to provide a broad exposure to the engineering field leading to successful off Program placement. Program membership also requires continuous education through advanced studies and in-house courses and workshops.
· Plan and perform assigned tasks within the framework of areas’ schedules, budget, quality and cost constraints while maintaining accuracy and thoroughness
· Demonstrate ability to understand and apply engineering fundamentals in the business environment
· Demonstrate analytical / problem solving through number orientation
· Collaborate with manager in setting realistic and challenging operation goals
· Contribute to their accomplishment
· Propose new analyses, techniques and methodologies with respect to specific area of responsibility where applicable
Four-year Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering; Majors in Electrical, Mechanical, Aero or Materials only will be considered.
GPA greater than or equal to 3.25/4.0 overall (University of Georgia Tech. requires 3.3 for entry)
Knowledge of advanced mathematics, including calculus and differential equations.
Prior intern, co-op, or research experience in design engineering, manufacturing, or computer science/computer engineering.
Experience writing technical reports.
Must be willing to relocate as business needs change.
Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate technical problems in clear and simple terms.
Candidates must be able to gain acceptance to the University of Georgia Technology or North Carolina State University for Masters in Engineering Program.
Candidate must qualify for J1 US Visa requirements.
Candidate must be able to receive acceptable scores for GRE and TOFEL for University acceptance.
· Basic understanding of engineering and/or manufacturing fundamentals
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· High self-confidence
· Ability to motivate others
· Demonstrated scholastic achievements
· Majoring in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering, that have prior intern, co-op, or research experience in an engineering environment
· Strong commitment to a career in technology and a passion for engineering.
· Candidate has demonstrated an analytic approach to problem solving and that have demonstrated leadership skills, community involvement, and a passion for technology.