Posted on :
14 Sep, 2018
14 Sep, 2018
The company intends to recruit an intern to support its Logistics operations in Ghana with the objective of meeting client specifications and regulatory requirements.
He/She would report to the Logistics Manager and would be responsible for assisting with documentation and clerical duties relating to the import/export of Oil well equipment, expediting, safe and timely delivery of GE/Client equipment.
Job Title: EID Intern – Logistics
• Actively promote GE Oil & Gas Safety Policy and Procedures. Ensure that all appropriate personnel are aware of Operator requirements for Toolbox Talks and Risk Assessments prior to undertaking work.
• Be fully aware of the ‘STOP WORK’ initiative and fully participate
• Manage BHGE master shipment database/tracker and keep accurate records (physical/electronic copies) of all shipment (imports, exports, loadouts and backloads)
• Assist with goods inward/received process eg. sign IGN, manifest, double check quantities indicated on manifest tallies with physical count and handover documents to Inventory/Quality.
• Assist with all clerical duties involved with reconciling/collating/retrieving documentation related to legacy shipments since beginning of project (since 2015) to satisfy current regulatory requirements.
• Assist with clerical duties related to preparation of current export/import documentation especially DHL online booking process and coordinate truck requests for loadouts/backloads from offshore as well equipment sent for repairs and calibration.
HND, Degree or equivalent qualification from a reputable institution
Proficient in computer skills at least MS office Suite (Word, Excel and Power Point)
Excellent written, verbal communication skills and customer service oriented
Ability to deliver tasks efficiently and meet deadlines
Independent worker with the ability to work in a team environment
Strong EHS & Quality commitment
Basic knowledge of the Oil & Gas sector
Self-driven and able to work with minimum supervision
Teachable and a quick learner
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company leverages minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.