Genius Brain Limited is an HR consulting firm providing HR solution to both businesses and individuals. The company provides quality service and strives to establish strong, long-term relationships with its clients. The company aims at matching the right skill with the job to be performed mainly focusing on the long-term benefits for both the individual and the organization.
Their services include Talent hunting, Training and development, talent sourcing, Job search, factory hands & support services, operating procedures etc.
Job Title: Laboratory Technician
Our client runs a Clinic and Wellness Center providing holistic health care and services General practitioner and Specialist care, nutrition, and counselling services.
The Center which is in Sakumono is designed to provide holistic healthcare in a comfortable and soothing atmosphere. Healthy lifestyle management, nutrition, and healthier eating choices are central to its work. The Clinic aims to assist its clients to stay healthy, keep sickness at bay and cope with stress-related and chronic illness such as hypertension and diabetes. To support its operations, we are hiring a Laboratory Technician.
The successful candidates shall provide information for patient diagnosis and treatment by performing laboratory tests in toxicology, chemistry, hematology, immunology, and microbiology laboratories; receiving, typing, testing, and recording blood bank inventories.
Reporting to the Health Administrator the successful candidate shall inter-alia perform the following duties:
- Organizing work by matching computer orders with specimen labelling; sorting specimens; checking labelling; logging specimens; arranging reports for delivery; keeping work surfaces clean and orderly.
- Maintaining quality results by running standards and controls, verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advance troubleshooting; calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures; monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
- Identifying and communicating abnormal patient conditions by alerting supervisory personnel, the patient-physician, nurse or other designated officials.
- Specific technical skills:
- For toxicology – identify the presence or quantity of drugs of abuse, therapeutic drugs, and toxic substances by operating toxicology instrumentation and performing manual methods for the performance of drug screens, blood alcohol levels, and carbon monoxide levels.
- For chemistry – provide test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating chemistry equipment; performing hand chemistries.
- For hematology – provide test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating hematology, urinalysis, and coagulation equipment; performing manual methods of differentials.
- For immunology – provide test results for patient diagnosis and treatment by operating equipment such as the gamma counter, spectrophotometer, densitometer, and through methods such as radioimmunoassay, enzyme immunoassay, and serological testing.
- For microbiology – provide the physician with information for treatment of patient infection by performing technical procedures for the identification or susceptibility of bacteria, parasites, fungi, and mycobacteria.
- For blood bank – ensures that patients receive compatible blood/blood components by completing blood typing, antibody screening, compatibility testing, and antibody identification procedures. Assures future retrieval of patient transfusion information by preparing patient packets and maintaining a blood bank database.
- Contributes to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers by following established standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintaining patient confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential.
- Serving and protecting the Clinic by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, statutory and local requirements and medical/clinical standards.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology with 3+ years’ experience as a Laboratory Technician.
- Previous experience in a clinical laboratory setting at a recognized health facility is preferred.
- General knowledge and practical analytical skills in Microbiology, Haematology / Blood Transfusion, Chemical Pathology & Histopathology/Cytology Knowledge of Health and Safety and Quality Assurance issues.
- Ability to carry out routine maintenance and performance checks on equipment with minimal supervision.
- Must possess a keen eye on detail.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates should submit their CV with (contact phone, three (3) referees contact & email address) to the below address on or before the close of business on Friday 5th April 2019.
The Managing Director GeniusBrain International Accra-Ghana Email: [email protected] Website: www.mygeniusbrain.com
- Due to anticipated high volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please quote the Job title as your reference in the subject line.