Posted on :
16 Apr, 2019
16 Apr, 2019
The Landscape and Building Architect is responsible for designing new buildings, restoring and conserving old buildings and developing new ways of using existing buildings by using specialist construction knowledge and high-level drawing skills to design buildings that are functional, safe, sustainable and aesthetically pleasing. The role will also include project designing that will enhance the natural beauty of a space and provide environmental benefits. It will involve staying throughout the construction process, adapting plans according to budget constraints, environmental factors or client needs.
Job Title: Landscape & Building Architect
The role will typically focus on:
● Creating building designs and highly detailed drawings both by hand and by using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) applications
● Drafting designs that reflect green building values and cater for clients’ desires
● Working around constraining factors such as town planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget
● Working closely with a team of other professionals such as building service engineers, construction managers, quantity surveyors and other construction workers to implement designs
● Adapting plans according to circumstances and resolving any problems that may arise during construction
● Planning the restoration of natural places disturbed by humans, such as wetlands, streams, and mined areas
● Designing “green roofs” or rooftop gardens that can retain storm water, absorb air pollution, and cool buildings while also providing pleasant scenery
● Managing storm water runoff to protect clean water sources and natural ecosystems from pollutants.
● Travelling regularly to building sites, proposed locations and client meetings
● Adhering to all industry standards in design
● Overseeing and managing architectural production staff
● Bsc in Landscape/Building Architecture; MBA a plus.
● Minimum of 4+ years’ experience in Landscape and building architecture or related field
● Fluency in English compulsory, both oral and written
● Possess strong analytical skills, ability to work in a self-directed fashion within a team-oriented structure, solid work ethic, and professional maturity
● Must demonstrate leadership qualities and the ability to perform in an entrepreneurial environment.
● Have strong visual awareness and an eye for detail. Be attentive and imaginative
● Have good drawing skills, with the ability to work in three dimensions (3D)
● Care about people and the environment.
● Competence in multi-tasking & managing several priorities; ability to lead and be result oriented
How to Apply
Job Location: The position is based at Accra, Ghana for a period of six months
Application email: Applicants should send Resume and Cover Letters to [email protected] before 25th April, 2019.
References: Minimum of 2 professional and 1 educational / personal