Overview of Genser Energy Ghana
Genser Energy Inc. is an Independent Power Producer (IPP) with operations in Africa. It specializes in providing custom-engineered turnkey distributed generation energy solutions for clients in the mining, manufacturing, and utilities. Genser engages in engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) as well as operation and maintenance (O&M) of its power generation plants and sells electricity and/or steam to clients. Each project is financed and owned by a country-level subsidiary in Africa.
Job Title: Human Resource and Administration Associate
Human Resource and Administrative Associate Responsibilities
The Human Resource and Administration Associate is responsible for working with the Organizational Development Manager. He/She will assist with all day-to-day operations of human resource functions and duties. The HR Associate assists in carrying out all responsibilities for the following functional areas: HR Administration, Training and Development, Payroll and Employee Benefits, HRIS, Global Mobility, Recruitment, Employee Relations
Responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for planning and conducting a full-cycle end-to-end recruitment process by providing critical support in Sourcing, Assessing, and Scheduling Interviews for candidates, developing offer letters, agreements, and contracts for personnel to be hired
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive onboarding experience
- Provides support in writing directives for Dept. Managers on all HR policies and employee benefit and ensuring compliance of all employees to all HR policies
- Provides Research Support on Organizational Development Projects.
- Develops and Maintains high data accuracy and document correctness on the company’s Human Resource Information system occasionally conducting regular audits to ensure the HRIS meets management expectations and information requirements.
- Keeps records of employees, i.e. insurance and pension plans, along with personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and termination
- Assists the Organizational Development Manager in preparing the budget of human resource operations for the corporate office
- Responsible for Monitoring and providing administrative oversight for all Training and Development efforts and initiatives.
- Provides critical data processing and administrative support on payroll
- Responsible for all administrative activities for the company’s Global Mobility Programs include Employee Migration/Travels, VOA, Expatriate Rotational Leave Schedule, Work/Residence Permits, etc.
- Prepares quarterly reports on staff strength, promotions, New hires, turnover, employee relations, etc.
- Oversees facility management operations and stakeholder relations including (Rent/Landlord & Caretaker Relations, Monitoring Rent/Lease Contract renewals, upkeep, and use of corporate apartments, company driver management)
- External Stakeholder management with Statutory Organizations and Government bodies such as SSNIT, NSS, Immigration, GIPC, etc.
- Perform additional tasks as may be required from time to time such as inputs to board reports, budgeting, employee communication, expense requisition, etc.
Candidate Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or it’s equivalent in HR, Communications, Business or Psychology
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of experience with at least 1 year in a supervisory position; or HND/Part Ill or equivalent with 8 years of experience with 4 years in a supervisory position
- 1-2 years’ work experience facilitating international travels, global mobility, and expatriate administration.
- Proficiency in Word and Data processing with advanced knowledge of MS Office/Google Suite Packages.
- Project Management Experience, Experience in working on projects and achieving results
Personal traits and desired competencies
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail
- Possess strong analytical skills, ability to work in a self-directed fashion within a team-oriented structure, solid work ethic, professional maturity
- Must be proactive and a self-starter
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and the ability to perform in an entrepreneurial environment
- Good research skills and ability to determine data needs and analyze data
- Inquisitive and must have a learning mindset showing willingness to undertake further training as required
- Ability to operate flexible work practices to achieve optimum results
- Good communication and presentation skills
Job Location: The position is based at Genser Energy Ghana Ltd (GEGL) Accra
References: Minimum of 2 professional and 1 educational/personal Referees/