Posted on :
24 Sep, 2019
24 Sep, 2019
Genser Energy Holdings Inc. is an Independent Power Producer (IPP) based in the British Virgin Islands with operations in Africa. It specializes in providing custom engineered turn-key distributed generation energy solutions for clients in the Mining, Manufacturing, and Utility sectors. Genser engages in Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) as well as Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of its power-generation plants and sells electricity and/or steam to clients. Each project is financed and owned by a country-level subsidiary in Africa.
Job Title: Assistant Naval Engineer
Assistant Naval Engineer Position
The Assistant Naval Engineer will work closely with the Senior Naval Engineer in design, development and execution of specified Projects. The position focuses on assisting the EPC and O&M teams in delivering specific Project deliverables. The Assistant Naval Engineer will carry out responsibilities in the following areas:
· Provide support in engineering, design, development of PFDs, P & IDs, construction plans and drawings.
· Coordinate with Procurement and Engineering teams on preparation, accurate labelling and matching of materials purchased for installations.
· Work with the Engineering team and Contractors on the day-to-day supervision of checks and/or repairs, report and/or troubleshoot engineering problems.
· Responsible for conducting regular quality assurance tests and inspections to establish engineering requirements.
· Coordinate with the HSE, Electrical, Civil and Mechanical Reliability Engineers on daily safety work practices and rescue drills for emergencies.
· Research, collect, analyze data and produce statistical reports and methodical documentation of work processes.
· Understand and comply with regulatory codes and requirements.
· Organize and/or provide support with training sessions.
· Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging engineering practices and trends.
· Perform any other duty that may be required or as instructed by the Supervisor.
· Degree in Mechanical, Civil, Naval, Fuel Supply, Oil & Gas, Chemical, Petrochemical, Electrical Engineering or related courses; Masters a plus
· Minimum of five (5) years Post qualification experience
· Basic knowledge in Maritime International Regulations (IACS, SOLAS, MARPOL, STCW, etc.)
· Understanding of Port Engineering Regulations (ROM, USACE, PIANC etc.)
· Knowledge of Project construction/Planning management
· Fluency in written and verbal English
· Must have knowledge of ship stability and hull stresses and demonstrate ability to evaluate vessel operations, ship propulsion systems, equipment and services onboard.
· Must be knowledgeable about oil and gas terminals and shipyard operations
· Must demonstrate maturity and willingness to work long hours
· Must possess ability to take initiative and work with little or no supervision
· Must possess excellent skills in Autocad usage
· Must be able to draw, understand and interpret Mechanical drawings
· Must possess research, analytical and communication skills
Job Location: The position is based at Genser Energy Ghana Ltd, Takoradi.
How to Apply
Application email: Applicants should send Resume and Cover letters to [email protected] before 30th September, 2019. The job title should be indicated as the email subject.