Genser Energy Inc. is an Independent Power Producer (IPP) based in the British Virgin Islands with operations in Africa. It specializes in providing custom engineered turn-key distributed generation energy solutions for clients in the mining, manufacturing, and utilities. Genser engages in engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) as well as operation and maintenance (O&M) of its power generation plants and sells electricity and/or steam to clients. Each project is financed and owned by a country-level subsidiary in Africa.
Job Title: Business Development Manager Hydro
Business Development Manager Responsibilities
The Business Development Manager is responsible for working with the VP of Project Development on a wide variety of tasks related to projects, hydroelectric facilities and organizational development, including but not limited to energy analysis and/or engineering, proposal development, new business development, financial modeling, and project management. As well, the position will focus on leading renewable energy projects in conjunction with the VP of EPC and the FEED Team, to assess the viability of new renewable energy projects in Ghana, and throughout Africa, specifically focused on the feasibility, strategic planning and implementation of Mini-Hydro projects, small hydroelectric power plants or stations.
- Provide key project support in identifying and assessing viability of potential projects, specifically renewable energy and energy solutions in Ghana, as well as throughout Africa
- Research emerging renewable energy technologies, specifically Mini-Hydro, small hydroelectric power facilities, and identify renewable project opportunities
- Development of project proposals and external coordination with our affiliates and clients; creation of financial models for project proposals
- Coordination with EPC / FEED Engineers on technical analysis of energy conservation measures, along with engineering design and implementation plans for renewable energy projects.
- Perform technical energy analyses on renewable energy options, and identify potential sites and clients, specifically focused on Mini-Hydro, small hydroelectric power facilities in Ghana.
- Development of sales presentations for engagement of new clientele
- Manage, analyze and synthesize information for key decisions and procurement actions on renewable energy projects
- Application for grants, permits, and other deadline-based project deliverables, in coordination with the BD Manager.
- Management of energy projects from proposal development through construction implementation; work closely to provide general oversight and guidance with the Business Development, Finance and EPC Teams.
- Up to 50% travel to client sites within Ghana, and throughout Africa when necessary
- BA in Business Management or Engineering or Finance; MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 6+ years experience in project / hydroelectric facilities development or related field
- Fluency in English compulsory, both oral and written; Proficiency in Mandarin is preferred
- Possess strong analytical skills, ability to work in a self-directed fashion within a team-oriented structure, solid work ethic, and professional maturity.
- Must demonstrate leadership qualities and the ability to perform in an entrepreneurial environment.
- A passion in areas of energy efficiency, alternative energy, and/or sustainability
- Knowledge and understanding of project finance, energy engineering, and/or proposal writing
- Excellence in project management abilities, both individually and as part of a team
- Ability to think ahead, plan and achieve key performance goals over period of time
- Competence in multi-tasking & managing several priorities; ability to lead and be result oriented
Job Location: The position is based at Genser Energy Ghana Ltd Accra Corporate office, www.genserenergy.com
How to Apply
Applicants should send Resume and Cover Letters to [email protected].com before 29th March, 2019. References: Minimum of 2 professional and 1 educational / personal