Posted on :
7 Oct, 2016
7 Oct, 2016
A newly established not-for-profit policy analysis and research institute, Ghana Economic Policy analysis and research institute (GEPARI) invites applications from experienced highly motivated dynamic and resourceful Ghanaians to fill the following position
Job Title: Banking / Finance
The Finance Officer is responsible for maintaining the budget, recording and reflecting fully and accurately and in a timely manner the funds that are allocated and the disbursements made to support the implementation of the institute’s planned activities, in accordance with the approved guidelines.
• The Finance Officer will ensure the use of standard financial and accounting procedures.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the roles and responsibilities of the Finance Officer will include, but not limited to the following:
• Establish a robust project accounting system, including reporting and filling systems, in accordance with approved guidelines and best practice;
• Maintain petty cash transactions, including writing receipts, preparing payment request forms, disbursement of cash and clearance of advances;
• Manage banking transactions related to the project, including preparing bank transfer requests, submitting them to the bank, monitoring transfers and preparing monthly bank reconciliation statements and reporting;
• Reconcile all balance sheet accounts and maintain records on file;
• Prepare draft financial reports, monitor and ensure that expenditures are made in accordance with approved guidelines;
• Monitor expenditure of petty cash and ensure that records on file are up-to-date;
• Continuously improve systems & procedures to enhance internal controls to satisfy audit requirements;
• Maintain an inventory file to support purchases of all equipment/assets;
• Assist with the preparation of annual and quarterly work plans, budget and requests for funding in GoG applicable format;
• Assist with the preparation and implementation of procurement plans for the Institute; and
• Perform any other functions assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must be a qualified accountant with recognized accounting certificates such as CA (Ghana) and ACCA. A degree in accounting/finance with related professional experience is an advantage;
• Must have at least three (3) years post-qualification experience in financial and accounting work, experience in budgeting, planning and reporting on internationally funded projects;
• Good knowledge of accounting regulation and procedures in the Public Sector;
• Knowledge in administrative and procurement processes;
• Good bookkeeping and reporting skills;
• Good computer skills in accounting software and common word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (MS Excel);
• Good knowledge in the operations of the donor community, particularly the rules and regulations of procurement;
• Very strong oral and written communications skills in English; and
• Must have a very strong ability to work effectively in a team.
How to Apply
Applications and CVs with the position being applied for clearly marked should be addressed to: GEPARI, Private Mail Bag, PMB 61, Ministries, Accra
Soft copies of the applications should be addressed to: [email protected] Closing Date: 20 October, 2016