Job: Project Officer for Board of Directors and Certification Training Project.
Reports directly to: Senior Consultant
Location: Accra, Ghana
The German Sparkassenstiftung Ghana has a partnership project with the Ghana Association of Microfinance Institutions Network (GHAMFIN) and the Ghana Co-operative Credit Union Association (CUA). The overall goal of the partnership is to “Strengthening Co-operative Credit Unions and other Microfinance Institutions in providing financial services in Ghana”.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
To support the long-term expert (LTE) with implementing the program rollout of the Board of Directors (BoD) and the Management Certification (MCT) training programs in Ghana and to execute the project’s operational work plan.
SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of Project Officer tasks includes, among others.
- Contribute to the implementation of the project’s operational work plan as agreed with the partners (GHAMFIN/CUA) and approved by DSIK HQ.
- Assist the Senior Advisor (Line Manager) with the current project accounting responsibilities.
- Closely liaise with the GHAMFIN’s project coordinator for program rollout and monitor program rollout of the BoD and MC training programs jointly with GHAMFIN.
- Constantly review and sense-check the training intervention strategies of the project to ensure informed decisions on required adjustments and modifications can be made by the stakeholders in charge in a timely manner.
- Help to further customise, update, and expand the existing modules and to adjust them for digital use (e.g. webinars on the Moodle-based content management platform of GHAMFIN). Develop and cultivate good relationships with all stakeholders.
- Provide guidance to project staff members interacting with industry stakeholders and development partners on in-service training issues (including e-learning) in the microfinance industry of Ghana.
- Ensure BoD and MCT training program aspects are properly considered in all HR capacity building intervention strategies of the project.
- Support DSIK Communications Officer to ensure training/HR capacity building issues are considered as a thematic priority in all project-related information and promotion materials.
- Support DSIK Communications Officer to prepare and conduct public relations events related to the scope of the project such as World Savings Day activities, EDUCATA, symposiums and workshops with DSIK cooperation partners in Ghana on the topic of dual education, e-learning, Financial Literacy training for selected target groups etc.
- Where appropriate, closely liaise on the implementation of the training project activities with the other three projects of DSIK Ghana (the Regional Project Ghana, the Returnee/Migration Project Ghana and the Regional Project West Africa).
- Submit monthly activity report to the Senior Advisor (template will be provided).
Applicants for this position should possess the following qualification, professional experiences, and soft skills:
- Tertiary education (minimum B.A.) in economics, finance, social science, or related disciplines.
- MBA is added advantage.
- Profound knowledge and in-depth understanding of Ghana’s financial industry, current trends and challenges the industry is facing, key institutional stakeholders etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of proven work experience in the financial industry of Ghana (banking or microfinance sector) and in adult education, in-service staff training and/or HR management.
- A sound understanding of project management principles.
- Experience in e-learning (use of content management platforms such as Moodle), is a must
- Experience in implementing ODA projects in Ghana
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- Confident user of the MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Teams).
- Competitive salary, statutory tax payments and health insurance. Diversified work environment in an international development cooperation.
How To Apply
Kindly send your application letter, CV and Certificates to [email protected]
Deadline for submission is 14.09.2021
For more information see: www.sparkassenstiftung.de