Posted on :
15 Oct, 2020
15 Oct, 2020
Job Title: Principal Biosafety Officer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervises the collation of relevant data for the formulation of policies;
• Supervises the implementation of programs and activities of the Unit(s);
• Supervises the establishment of a system for the receipt and processing of applications;
• Facilitates the meeting and other activities of the Technical Advisory Committee (TAC);
• Establishes administrative mechanisms for the appropriate handling and storage of documents and data in connection with the processing of applications;
• Collates relevant information for the drafting of permits and associated terms and conditions in consultation with the legal unit;
• Prepares draft communication on relevant matters to applicants, TAC, other experts and the public;
• Provides inputs for the establishment of a system for the handling of confidential information;
• Collates applications for the declaration of confidential business information;
• Enforces compliance with approval conditions;
• Supervises the inspection of facilities;
• Supervises the investigation of complaints and breaches of terms and conditions;
• Liaises with stakeholders in the performance of enforcement activities;
• Facilitates the inspection and compliance activities of Regulatory Agencies;
• Conducts public education and sensitization on the Unit’s activities in collaboration with the Public Relations Unit;
• Builds industry capacity in biosafety inspection;
• Develops project proposals for the Unit(s);
• Prepares annual and other periodic reports of the Unit(s);
• Prepares the annual work plan and budget of the Unit(s);
• Supervises and appraises the performance of immediate subordinate staff.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Biological Sciences or any other related discipline from an accredited tertiary institution;
• A minimum of six (6) years relevant post Bachelor’s degree work experience, two (2) years of which must be in a senior management position in a relevant organization;
• Must pass a selection interview conducted by the Authority in collaboration with the Public Services Commission.
• Communication, report writing and presentation skills.
• Good research and analytical skills.
• Knowledge of project and programmes management.
• High integrity and good ethical standards.
• Team player.
• Good knowledge in biosafety enforcement procedures.
• Good networking skills.
• Good knowledge in labour laws and regulations.
• Knowledge in relevant Conventions and Treaties.
• Knowledge in the Biosafety Clearing House (BCH) operations.
• Good leadership and mentoring skills.
• Knowledge in relevant IT applications.
• Good strategic planning.
• Monitoring and evaluation skills.
• Guidance and counselling.
• Proposal writing skills.
How To Apply
Interested candidate should send their CVs to:
National Biosafety Authority (NBA)
Box WY 669,
Or email to: [email protected]
Hard copies of applications should be submitted at the NBA Secretariat located on the campus of graduate School of Nuclear and Allied Sciences, GAEC, near Kwabenya Police Station