Posted on :
25 May, 2023
25 May, 2023
Objectives of the Ghana Academy
The Ghana Academy of Arts and Sciences (GAAS) was established by an Act of Parliament in 1959, to encourage the creation, acquisition, dissemination, and utilization of knowledge for national development. It is made up of Fellows who have distinguished themselves in the Arts and Sciences and is led by a Council consisting of a President, Vice-Presidents, an Honorary Secretary and other elected members.
The Academy’s work is administered through a Secretariat consisting of the Executive Secretary and other administrative, secretarial and clerical staff. The Executive Secretary is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Academy under the Honorary Secretary, and drives the strategic plan and other policy directives under the general guidance of the Council.
Position: Senior Administrative Assistant – Assistant Publications Officer
Under the Publications Officer and Executive Secretary, the Assistant Publications Officer provides support and assistance to the Publications Officer in the editing and production of publications such as monographs, policy papers and related documents in addition to assisting in
the development and maintenance of a digital/e-book publishing page/platform.
Scope of Work
• Assist with the organization of manuscripts;
• Create design concepts and layouts;
• Design and produce a wide range of promotional items, such as leaflets, annual reports, brochures, postcards, banner stands and adverts;
• Contribute to the development of new publications working with the Publications Officer;
• Develop and manage the Academy’s digital/e-books platform; and
• Perform any other duties assigned by the Executive Secretary.
Qualification Required & Experience
• At least a Higher School Diploma from a recognized public institution or First Degree in Graphic Design, Publishing, Creative Arts or related fields; and
• Must have at least two years of relevant experience.
• Knowledge of design principles, tools, and techniques;
• Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination;
• Have artistic ability and creativity;
• Possess Microsoft Office Suite software skills and use of graphic design software programs, such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.;
• Ability to effectively present ideas – both verbally and visually; and
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
Performance-based promotion or until the incumbent reaches the compulsory retirement age of 60.years.
Remuneration: Remuneration is equivalent to that of an Assistant Publication Officer in a public university in Ghana
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants are required to submit the complete application pack addressed to the Search Committee, Ghana Academy, through email address:
email@example.com Hard copy applications should also be submitted to the Search Committee at the physical address already indicated.
The application pack whether electronic or hard copy should contain the following:
• Application letter;
• An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
• Copies of relevant academic and/or professional certificates; and
• For the positions of Executive Secretary and Procurement Officer, a statement of about 2,500 words indicating how the applicants intend to promote the strategic plan of the Academy.
Closing Date: 31 May, 2023
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.