The Ghana AIDS Commission is a supra-ministerial and multi-sectoral body established under the Chairmanship of H. E The President of the Republic of Ghana by Act 613, 2002 of Parliament. Its mandate is to provide support, guidance and leadership for the national response to the HIV and AIDS pandemic.
As portrayed in its institutional motto, “Working actively and in partnership to combat HIV and AIDS”, the Commission collaborates and works closely with a wide-range of organizations including development partners in carrying out its mandate of management and co-ordination of HIV and AIDS activities in the country. It provides funding support to Ministries, Departments, Agencies (MDAs), non-gevernmental organizations (NGOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), private sector enterprises, faith-based organizations (FBOs) and other civil society organizations to undertake HIV and AIDS activities in the country.
Job Title: Technical Coordinator (3 Positions)
Objective of Position
- To perform activities involved in the planning and co-ordination of the technical services of the commission under the direction and supervision of the Director of Technical Services and in partnership with the Regional Committees of the Commission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and coordinate Regional HIV response with respect to decentralized activities at the regional level.
- Assist in the planning and supervision of sub-projects relating to HIV & AIDS.
- Undertake activities relating to provision of technical services to people infected and affected by HIV and AIDS.
- Coordinate regional activities in the promotion of behaviour change and dissemination of information via IEC/BCC materials.
- Document technical assistance and technical support needs at the regional and district levels. .
- Coordinate capacity building and training for key implementers among MMDAs, private sector, civil society, traditional authorities and community leaders at the decentralised level.
- Organise coordination meetings involving key actors at the regional level and facilitate same at the district level in partnership with the District Committees of the Commission.
- Lead district and regional level planning. including operational planning in line with the National HIV and AIDS Strategic Plan.
- Track all releases from the District Assembly Common Fund for HIV activities and report to the Region for action. ‘
- Facilitate resource mobilization at the regional and district levels for the local HIV response from the private sector, philanthropists and donor partners.
- Support regional and district level surveillance, operational research and surveys to generate strategic information both from the general population and Most at Risk Populations (MARP).
- Assist in preparation of quarterly technical reports from the region and districts.
- Assist in preparation of the HIV Country Response Information Systems on a quarterly basis by all implementing partners
Required Skills or Experience
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have an advanced degree in Social or Medical Sciences (MSc, MPH, etc) with requisite experience or knowledge of epidemiology of HIV and AIDS, its prevention, treatment, clinical and/or community level management.
- Must have experience in Project Management.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of post-qualification working experience in the Public, Private or NGO sector
How to Apply
Applicants together with detailed CVs and copies of certificates are to be submitted to the address below within fourteen days from the date of first publication:
The Director-General Ghana AIDS Commission 4th Floor Ghana Olympic Committee Building Adjacent Ridge Hospital
Tel: 0302919259 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org