The Ghana AIDS Commission is a supra-ministerial and multi-sectoral body established under the Chairmanship of H. E The President of the Republic of Ghana by Act 613, 2002 of Parliament. Its mandate is to provide support, guidance and leadership for the national response to the HIV and AIDS pandemic.
As portrayed in its institutional motto, “Working actively and in partnership to combat HIV and AIDS”, the Commission collaborates and works closely with a wide-range of organizations including development partners in carrying out its mandate of management and co-ordination of HIV and AIDS activities in the country. It provides funding support to Ministries, Departments, Agencies (MDAs), non-gevernmental organizations (NGOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), private sector enterprises, faith-based organizations (FBOs) and other civil society organizations to undertake HIV and AIDS activities in the country.
Job Title: M & E Officer (4 Posts)
Objective of Position
- To carry out activities related to tracking of the performance of the national HIV and AIDS response at all levels and report on programme interventions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply approved M & E tools, reporting formats and indicators to track the performance of HIV intervention programmes.
- Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of activities on HIV and AIDS by stakeholders.
- Coordinate capacity building and training in partnership with the Regional HIV
- Committee and District HIV Committee for key implementers (MMDAs, private sector, civil society etc) at the decentralised level.
- Assist with quarterly coordination meetings involving all key actors at the regional level and facilitate same at the district level in partnership with the District HIV Committees of Commission. .
- Support all regional and district level surveillance, operational research and surveys to generate strategic information from both the general population and most at risk populations.
- Assist in the collection and analyses of data on HIV and AIDS programmes.
- Support the region and districts to apply locally generated data in evidence- based planning and programmmg for results.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly technical reports, including monitoring and evaluation activities
Required Skills or Experience
- A first degree in the Social Sciences, Statistics, Development Studies, Public Health or any of the Health Sciences
- Must have completed one year post degree national service.
- Should be computer literate.
- Must have adequate presentation and analytical skills
How to Apply
Applicants together with detailed CVs and copies of certificates are to be submitted to the address below within fourteen days from the date of first publication:
The Director-General Ghana AIDS Commission 4th Floor Ghana Olympic Committee Building Adjacent Ridge Hospital
Tel: 0302919259 Email: [email protected]