Posted on :
10 Oct, 2013
10 Oct, 2013
Job Title: Director of Administration
• To provide strategy direction for the effective management of administrative and human resources functions of the commission. The Director will also serve as the Secretary to the Commission
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinates the day-to-day administration of the Secretariat of the Commission
• Plans, co-ordinates and supervises the administrative and human resource functions of the Commission
• Manages an effective human resource management system to ensure efficient staff recruitment, utilization and motivation
• Assesses training needs, plans and ensures implementation of capacity development programmes for staff of the Secretariat.
• Co-ordinates the preparation and revision of the GAC Operational Manual
• Co-ordinates the preparation of GAC Annual Report and other periodic reports as would be required.
• Ensures the efficient maintenance of records and reports on the GAC for purposes of easy retrieval and usage.
• Coordinates the procurement processes of the Commission in accordance with the Public Procurement Act, 2003 (Act 663)
• Acts as Secretary to the Commission and its Technical Committees, including convening meetings and proper keeping of the records thereof.
• Advises the Director-General and Chairpersons of Committees, as well as divisional heads, on management practices and policy issues.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Masters degree in Business Public Administration, or the Social Sciences.
• A minimum of ten (10) years’ relevant experience, five (5) years of which should have been in a senior management position in the public sector or a reputable organization.
• Strong administrative, leadership and managerial skills
• Good human relations and inter-personal skills
• Effective communication skills (both oral and written)
• A strong team player with effective social skills
• Considerable knowledge of the public administration and financial system of Ghana
• Considerable knowledge of the Labour Act, Public Procurement Act, 2003 (Act 663) Internal Audit Agency Act, Financial Administration Act
• Proficiency in the use of the computer and internet skills
How To Apply For The Job
Applications should be submitted together with a brief statement of the applicant’s vision for the position, curriculum vitae, office and residential telephone numbers, e-mail and addresses of three (3) referees to the address below by October 25, 2013
GHANA AIDS COMMISSION
4TH FLOOR, GHANA OLYMPIC COMMIITEE BUILDING
ADJACENT RIDGE HOSPITAL
Tel: 0302-919263 /0302-919259
E-mail: [email protected]
Closing Date: 25 October, 2013