Posted on :
30 Apr, 2014
30 Apr, 2014
Objective of Position
• Responsible for managing the Director-General’s Secretariat and serves as the personal assistant.
• Performs administrative, managerial duties aimed at facilitating the efficient functioning of the office of the Director-General.
• Duties and ResponsibilitiesMaintains an efficient record-keeping system at the DG Secretariat with appropriate storage and retrieval facilities.
• Receives and screens correspondence for the Director-General.
• Ensures strict confidentiality of records at the DG Secretarial and sees to it that such materials are fully secured.
• Prepares draft correspondence for the attention of the Director-General and sees to the efficient dispatch of the approved materials.
• Arranges appointments for the Director-General and facilitates getting them honoured.
• Receives guests on behalf of the Director-General in accordance with directives.
• Ensures that the attention of the Director-General is brought promptly to critical functional issues and prepares the necessary background information for her/his action.
• Maintains the Director-General’s diary and keeps her/him informed of schedules timeously.
• Provides secretarial services to the Director-General and sees to their efficient delivery and management.
• Covers meetings of the Director-General as required and prepares Ihe
• necessary documentation.
• Sees to travel protocol arrangements for officers as directed by the Director-General.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Masters degree preferably in Administration (Public/ Business) or
• Management Studies.
• A minimum of three (3) years relevant working experience in administration and appreciable level of secretarial practice.
• A first degree preferably in Administration, Management Studies or Secretaryship plus a minimum of eight (8) years working experience in administration and appreciable level of secretarial practice.
• Must have very good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must be highly proficient in the use of the computer and the internet.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants together with detailed CVs and copies of certificates are to be submitted to the address below:
Ghana AIDS Commission
Ghana Olympic Committee Building
Adjacent Ridge Hospital
Tel: 0302 919263 / 0302 919259
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 02 May, 2014