Posted on :
2 Mar, 2015
2 Mar, 2015
1. Eligible applicant should:
a. Be a Ghanaian citizen by birth.
b. Be of good character.
c. Be not less than 20 years and not more than 25 years by 20th April, 2015 for Regular Commission and not more than 30 years by 15th April, 2015 for Short Service Commission.
d. Be medically fit by Ghana Armed Forces standard.
e. Be not bonded.
f. Be not married (for Regular Officer Candidates only).
g. Be of minimum height of 1.68m (5` 6“) for males and 1.57m (5` 2“) for females.
For military police only; the minimum height for male applicants should be 1.75m (5`9“) and 1.70m (5`7“) for females.
h. Must have the following:
(1) BECE. Must have six (6) passes at BECE including English and Mathematics.
(2) Six credits. (Not less than C6) including Core English, Core Mathematics and Core Science at WASSCE.
(3) Six credits. (Not less than D) including Core English, Core Mathematics and Core Science at SSSCE.
(4) Five credits. (Not less than 6) including English, Mathematics and Science at GCE ‘O’ Level and not less than D in three subjects at GCE ‘A’ Level.
a. Infantry/Armour/Artillery. In addition to the general eligibility, applicants must have a Degree from a recognized University.
b. Signal Corps. In addition to the general eligibility, applicants must have a Degree from a recognized University/Institution in any of the following:
(1) Telecommunication Engineering.
(2) Computer Science.
(4) Preference will be given to applicants with additional certificates in CISCO Certification, Microsoft Certified System Engineer and Microsoft Certified Database Administrator.
c. Engineer Corps. In addition to the general eligibility, applicants must have a Degree from a recognized University in any of the following:
(1) Civil Engineering (Structural OR Water/Sanitation Engineer).
(2) Electrical Engineering.
(3) Mechanical Engineer with Building Service Capability.
e. Military Police. In addition to the general eligibility, applicants must have a Degree from a recognized University/Institution in any of the following:
(1) Social Sciences.
(2) Pure Sciences.
f. Ordnance Service. In addition to the general eligibility, applicants must have a Degree from a recognized University/Institution in any of the following:
(1) Chemical Engineering.
g. Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (EMECorps). In addition to the general eligibility, applicants must have a Degree from a recognized University/ Institution in any of the following:
(1) Mechanical Engineering.
(2) Chemical Engineering.
(3) Electrical/Electronics Engineering.
(4) Auto-Body Engineering.
Location: Nationwide Recruitment
9. Acquire a scratch card at SEVENTY GHANA CEDIS (GH?70) from the designated post offices below and all Military Installations in all Garrisons:
a. Greater Accra. Burma Camp, Accra North, GPO, Cantonments, Dansoman, Legon, Madina, TUC, Kaneshie, Ministries, Mamprobi, New Achimota, Tema Community 1,Tema Community 11.
b. Central Region. Cape Coast, Agona Swedru, Saltpond, Dunkwa-On-Offin, Winneba, Elmina, Apam.
c. Northern Region. Tamale, Education Ridge, Yendi, Walewale, Damongo.
d. Upper West Region. Wa, Lawra, Tumu.
e. Upper East Region. Bawku, Navrongo, Bolgatanga.
f. Ashanti Region. Kumasi Main, KNUST, Ashanti-Mampong, Bekwai-Ashanti, Konongo, Obuasi, Offinso, Ejura,Juaso, Akrokerri, Ejisu, Agogo.
g. Brong – Ahafo Region. Sunyani, Berekum, Techiman, Bechem, Atebubu , Kintampo, Dormaa Ahenkro, Duayaw-Nkwanta.
h. Eastern Region. Koforidua, Nkawkaw, Mpraeso, Suhum, Akim Oda, Aburi, Asamankese, Akropong-Akuapem, Somanya, Akosombo, Nsawam.
i. Western Region. Takoradi, Sekondi, Tarkwa, Enchi, Sefwi-Wiawso, Axim.
j. Volta Region. Ho, Keta, Hohoe, Kpando, Denu, Peki, Sogakope, Jasikan, Kadjebi.
10. Scratch gently to reveal the pin code. The scratch card can be used for three times until a record is successfully submitted.
11. Log on to the recruitment portal @ http://www.gafrecruitment.com with any of the following browsers:
a. Mozilla Firefox.
b. Google Chrome.
12. Read through the entry requirements thoroughly.
13. Click on the Apply Now Tab to open the applicant authentication page.
14. Enter your card serial number, pin code and select your preferred arm of service, type of commission and click submit.
15. Enter your personal details and take note of the following from pages 1 to 3:
a. Page 1; Select your desired vacancy and provide all other required data.
b. Page 2; Upload a scanned copy of your passport sized photograph of dimension (200 x 180 pixels), enter a valid e-mail address, personal mobile phone number in the format (233244123456) and enter any other required data.
c. Page 3; Enter the results of only the three required core subjects on your WASSCE/SSCE results slip, that is; CORE MATHEMATICS, CORE ENGLISH AND CORE SCIENCE. Enter your WASSCE or SSCE Index number, WASSCE or SSCE results slip serial number and select a tertiary institution from the list of schools. Enter your graduating GPA/CWA and provide all other required data. Upload only scanned copies of the following; WASSCE or SSCE Results Slip and First Degree Certificate (Degree, HND, Diploma). NB: Each scanned document (Passport picture, WASSCE or SSCE Results Slip, First DegreeCertificate) to be uploaded, should not exceed 1(One) Megabyte and should be in JPEG picture format only.
16. Click on the Preview Button to see a summary page of all data provided. Read through this page carefully and click on theback button, if there are any modifications to be made.
17. Click on the submit button and expect an instant e-mail and text message, which includes your unique system generated Identification Number. Copied at: ghanacurrentjobs.com
18. Print and keep a copy of the generated report as you will be required to present it, if you are shortlisted. However, if you lose your copy of the final report, go back to the recruitment portal, click on the Check DetailsTab, enter your unique identification number sent to you by SMS/E-Mail and order a re-print.
19. Closing Date. Closing date for submission of all online applications is 8th February, 2015.
Closing Date: 08 February, 2015