Posted on :
14 Mar, 2014
14 Mar, 2014
Under the immediate supervision of the Manager, Personnel Licensing, the successful candidate will ensure that all the various functions/ tasks are performed as indicated below;
Job Title: Aviation Safety Inspector (PEL) Trainee
The person will:
• Handle initial assessment and requirement for the grant of licenses of student, private and professional pilots. Air Traffic controller’s flight operations officers/ Aircraft dispatchers and cabin crew.
• Assist in the evaluation of the qualifications and experience of military pilots towards the issue of civil licenses.
• Process license issues, renewal, validation, check airman and examiner authorization.
• Assist in monitoring of the operations on the Ghanaian Registered Airlines Assistthe manager, Personnel Licensing in the preparation for the Medical Board meetings.
• Carry out initial assessment of flight crew log Books for experience and qualification for the issue/grant of Flight crew licences.
• Ensure GCAA/PEL keeps abreast with industry practices by attending workshops, symposiums, conferences, seminars.
• Prepare monthly PEL report and process ATO certificates.
• Process verification and confirmation of the foreign license.
• Prepare correspondence in answer to all enquiries concerning flight crew licensing.
• Maintain the Register of Ghana flight crew
Qualification Required & Experience
• Possess at least University Degree in Physical and Applied science or Equivalent Professional Commercial Pilots License, Aircraft Dispatcher License/Flight Operations Officers License with one (1 ) year post National Service experience within the Aviation Industry
• Be a computer literate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to communicate well and have good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work with colleagues to achieve set objectives and maintain harmonious working relations.
• Commitment to continuous learning and willing to keep abreast with new developments in professional field.
How To Apply For The Job
All applications with curriculum vitae including telephone, fax numbers and/or e-mail addresses must be addressed to::
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
GHANA CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY
PRIVATE MAIL BAG – KOTOKA
Closing Date: 14 March, 2014
• Applications without the relevant abovementioned documentation will not be considered.
• ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED