Posted on :
27 May, 2019
27 May, 2019
The Rector of the university is the head of the College administration and its representative towards individuals and institutions within and outside of the university. The Rector shall exercise general surveillance of all university activities, including the recruitment and financial affairs of individual faculties and institutes.
Job Title: Rector
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• In accordance with Article 106 of Act 833 of the Specialist Health Training and Plant Medicine Research Act, 2011, the Rector is appointed by the Council of the College and shall hold office on terms and conditions specified by the Council in the letter of appointment.
• He or She shall be the Chief Executive Officer of the College as well as the Secretary to the Council.
• The College as a public sector organization is an agency under Ministry of Health; the Rector will be the Administrative Head of the Agency, as prescribed in the Act.
• The Rector, together with the Management Board will be responsible to the council for the following:
• Providing the leadership necessary to ensure that the objectives of the College are fulfilled in accordance with Article 85 of the Act 833 of the Specialist Health Training and Plant Medicine Research Act of 2011. The College shall provide specialist training and promote continuous professional development in pharmacy and its related disciplines. Promote research in pharmaceutical practice and contribute to the formulation of policies on good health, medicine, and general public health.
• Ensuring that the highest standards of excellence in teaching and research are promoted throughout the College.
• Developing strategic initiatives and formulating policies under the general guidance of the Council and implementing such policy decisions from time to time as may be determined by the Council.
• Maintaining and promoting the efficient and proper leadership of the College, including responsibility for proposing and monitoring budgets, implementation of staffing and organizational plans; holding organizational units accountable for delivery of their plans and projects and generally ensuing good and effective running of the College.
• Undertaking duties that are necessary to promote the College’s national and international interests.
Representing its interests, including developing its fund-raising programmes, maintaining contacts with its alumni and directly influencing other organizations and agencies to ensure the development of governmental policies relating to education and research in pharmacy.
Discharging of other duties as may from time to time be determined by the Council.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A registered and distinguished pharmacist of good standing with not less than 15years experience.
• A Fellow of the Ghana College of Pharmacists or West African Post Graduate College of Pharmacists.
• Must be of good disposition, possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as be an effective team player.
• Must have proven managerial and administrative experience. The possession of a post- graduate in a relevant discipline will be an advantage.
• Must have good business acumen and capable of attracting and managing the resources of the College to achieve optimal results.
OTHER PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
• Be a visionary leader, able to communicate the College’s vision and mission fand inspire trust through an open and consultative style;
• Be forward looking to and able to lead those under him/her to strive for excellence;
• Should have considerable experience in academic programme development and review as well as quality assurance in teaching and learning;
• Should have excellent management and interpersonal skills, and able to cope with the College’s staff members who have diverse interests;
• An energetic and innovative thinker who has the persistence, enthusiasm and energy to start up new plans and keep them going;
• Demonstrate good leadership and teamwork, be able to listen and evaluate opinions with good judgment/decisions.
• Must have excellent managerial and leadership skills
• Must be highly motivated person
• Must be a team player
• Must have a high level of integrity
Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
How to Apply
Applications with the subject heading of preferred position should be emailed to:[email protected] with cover letter, CV and copies of relevant certificates and documents.
Closing Date: 14 June, 2019
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.