Posted on :
12 Mar, 2018
12 Mar, 2018
The Ghana Commodity Exchange (GCX) is a regulated market that links buyers and sellers of agricultural commodities and other commodities to trade under Rules , assuring the market quality, quantity and timely settlement of their trade. The GCX vision is to transform the economy of Ghana by using innovative and modern technology to support value chains, creating opportunities and wealth for them. GCX is located in Accra, Ghana, but its business operations cover Ghana and the West Africa region.
Job Title: Grain Weighers (SHS Graduate Can Apply)
• Responsible for the weighing of commodities in GCX designated warehouses. Specifically, he / she shall weighs grains and other agricultural commodities at GCX warehouses, obtain samples of grain and commodities from truck containers and other conveyances for inspection, examine grains and other commodities, records gross and net
• weights and maintains records and documentation of scale conditions and weighing activities.
• He / she shall check weights for compliance with GCX contracts and ensure that all scales are calibrated and tested for standard weighing
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum Senior High School Certificate or equivalent.
• Demonstrated ability to read, interpret and comprehend Ghana Standard Authority directives, notices, rules and regulations as well as policies and procedures on weighting of grains.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work cooperatively in a fast-paced team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to use good judgement, tact, and withstand stressful situations with an emphasis on excellent customer service.
• Ability to detect odors and other conditions that render grain unfit for human consumption.
• Ability to visually examine grain for grading analysis.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit recent CV and any relevant attachment to the address below. Please send your application to (clearly mark the envelope with the position you are apply) Attn: Office Manager Ghana Commodity Exchange Limited (GCX) 1st Floor, Ministry of Business Development Building Accra, Ghana Or Send application by email to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 16 March, 2018