Posted on :
24 Aug, 2016
24 Aug, 2016
The Ghana Education Service Council invites applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians who are goal-oriented, results-driven with good -leadership qualities and enthusiasm for appointment to the position of
Job Title: Deputy Director-General
The Deputy Director-General, under the leadership of the Director-General, shall provide leadership in the operation of educational policies, programmes and projects to ensure that education delivery meets prescribed standards that will make products of the system attain objectives in terms of knowledge, skills an attitudes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Exercises oversight responsibility for the efficient and effective implementation of policies, programmes and projects of the service.
• Oversees the formulation and implementation of human resources an administrative policies, guidelines and procedures.
• Coordinates the provision of appropriate and adequate infrastructure to provide access and participation for all school age children to the end of Junior High School.
• Coordinates the timely procurement and supply of educational materials to schools.
• Coordinates the preparation of the Annual Budget and other periodi reports of the Service.
• Coordinates the appraisal of the staff of the Service.
• Participants in all development and contract negotiations on behalf of the Service.
Terms of Appointment:
• Applicant must be able to serve a full three-year term from assumption of office before attaining the compulsory retirement age of sixty (60) years.
• Salary and conditions of service are as laid-down by the Ghana Education Service
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of twelve (12) years post-qualification relevant working experience, three (3) years of which must be in a Director II position.
• Applicant could be an officer at a tertiary institution (i.e. University,Polytechnic or College of Education) and on the rank of senior lecturer.
Competencies & Skills
• Knowledge of the principles and policies underpinning the educational system, education planning and management.
• A thorough knowledge of the educational system, current issues and best practice in educational management internationally.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Good negotiation, lopping and conflict resolution skills.
• Excellent policy formulation, analysis and review skills.
• Capacity to inspire and motivate subordinate staff of the service.
• Extensive knowledge in human, material and financial resource management.
• Knowledge and understanding of national and international labour laws and regulations.
• Excellent knowledge of computer applications
How To Apply For The Job
Applications together with supporting documents, a detailed statement of applicant vision and strategy for the position, (not more than 5 to 6 double space pages), Curriculum Vitae, Office and Residential Telephone Numbers, Email Address, as well as the contact information of three (3) referees, should be forwarded, not later than four (4) weeks from the date of first publication of this advertisement (Thursday, 22nd September, 2016) to:
PUBLIC SERVICES COMMISSION
Closing Date: 22 September, 2016
Qualified females and people with disability are encouraged to apply