Posted on :
8 Feb, 2019
8 Feb, 2019
The Ghana Grains Council (GGC) is a private sector-led initiative formed in 2010 with funding from (The United States Agency for International Development (USAID). It is a body formed by leaders in the grain business with the aim of intervening in the grains value chain to achieve improvement in productivity, quality and greater commercialization of the industry with its core objective to promote the development of the grain industry through the development and use of the Warehouse Receipt System (WRS), facilitate grades and standards and ensure increased productivity for the grain industry.
Job Title: Account Officer
• This position will provide general day-to-day support to GGC to strengthen the institutional capacity of the council to effectively manage its financial resources and facilitate execution of programs/projects and internally generated funds.
• Should have the ability to provide accurate, complete and timely financial information compliant with the rules and regulations of donors and other partners reporting requirements as well as adhering to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). He/she will also act as the point person for the GGC Market Intelligence Team.
• Ensure that the financial system runs properly in order to process financial information and generate accurate reports.
• Ensure that internal controls are enhanced and maintained at an acceptable level,
• Manage risks affecting GGC’s assets and make sure risks are maintained at a lower level.
• Ensure that financial policies, procedures and donor compliance requirements are adhered to expected standards
• Ensure that internal and external financial reports are prepared and disseminated within deadlines
• Ensure there is enough cash on hand and vendors are paid promptly
• Responsible for all aspects of cash management including monitoring receivables, billing staff and collection of debt and managing pre-payments.
• Responsible for processing of all cheque payments.
• Maintenance of the general ledgers of all GGC Membership, Internally Generated Fund (IGF), and any other accounts operated under collaborations with grant funded projects.
• Prepare staff salary payroll on monthly bases, issuing monthly pay slips to all staff and making timely payments of all statutory deductions to the appropriate agencies.
• Monthly submissions of previous month’s Financial Status Report and other related statements, i.e. general ledger, bank reconciliation statement, cash analysis statement, etc.
• Preparing of quarterly reports for the Executive Council meetings
• Preparing of end of year Financial Statement in readiness of the annual audit.
• Lead GGC IT/Market data team
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum qualification of first degree in Accounting or Finance and affiliation to a professional body.
• Must have a minimum of 4 years work experience and possess a good knowledge of International Financial Standards including budgeting and controls.
• Strong analytical capabilities and proven skills to deal with accounting issues innovatively and independently and also good in IT and market data analysis
• Must have good knowledge of applicable local statutes, laws, codes and regulations.
• Must be great team player, pro-active, diligent and results oriented.
• Must have a high sense of integrity with excellent written and oral communication skill
How to Apply
Applications along with CV’s should be sent via mail to the address: [email protected]NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
Closing Date: 28 February, 2019