Posted on :
8 Feb, 2019
8 Feb, 2019
The Ghana Grains Council (GGC) is a private sector-led initiative formed in 2010 with funding from (The United States Agency for International Development (USAID). It is a body formed by leaders in the grain business with the aim of intervening in the grains value chain to achieve improvement in productivity, quality and greater commercialization of the industry with its core objective to promote the development of the grain industry through the development and use of the Warehouse Receipt System (WRS), facilitate grades and standards and ensure increased productivity for the grain industry.
Job Title: Field Officer
This position will provide general day-to-day support for field work and perform other duties related to the implementation and supervision of GGC planned activities such as Capacity Building and Trainings, Warehouse Receipt System (WRS), Membership Care Visits, successful implementation of Donor Support projects and other income generating activities. Will work in close coordination with the technical lead to ensure quality of work.
• Assist the Technical Lead to ensure compliance of the GGC’s Rules and Regulations by warehouses operators and their operations as licensed GGC certified and approved warehouses.
• Responsible for coordination, monitoring and evaluation of all field activities undertaken by the council in accordance with existing regulations.
• Act as GGC liaison officer providing additional training to farmers, aggregators, FBO’s, warehouse operators/staff etc.
• Assist in conducting capacity building and training for warehouse operators and their staff under the GGC-WRS
• Provide timely reports to the Technical Lead on weekly and monthly basis
• Assist in GGC membership expansion by embarking on membership care visit, promote members business interest and engage in other revenue generating activities as directed by the Technical Lead
• Supervise and manage all activities in absence of the Technical lead.
• Shall undertake any other assignments as necessary.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of first degree in agriculture or the general sciences
• Good inter-personal skills to develop and manage all field-related business relationship of the Council.
• Demonstrated ability to implement training programs for especially smallholder farmers
• Working experience within the agriculture value chains, agribusiness or development industry, etc.
• Experience in Warehouse Receipt System (WRS) will be an advantage.
• Must be a computer literate.
How to Apply
Applications along with CV’s should be sent via mail to the address: [email protected]NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
Closing Date: 28 February, 2019