Posted on :
6 Aug, 2018
6 Aug, 2018
The GhlS was established in 1969 as a professional body under the Professional Bodies Registration Decree 1973 (NRCD 143). The Institution is the only body in Ghana that secures the advancement and facilitates the acquisition of that knowledge which constitutes the Survey Profession and regulates its practice. It has three (3) distinct professional groupings, namely; Valuation and Estate Surveying Division, Quantity Surveying Division, and Land Surveying Division. It finances its operations mainly through subscriptions from its Members without any subvention-self- financing.
Job Title: Head of Finance & Administration
The Position (Job Function)
• The Head of Finance & Administration will report to the CEO or in his absence the Governing Council. He/she will be involved in implementing procedures, policies and regulations in the Institution’s budget, accounting, finance, administration and management.
• The Key Performance Areas will be as follows:
• Ensure that financial accounting records of all activities of the institution are maintained.
• Maintenance of sound operational and financial control system for the administration of the affairs of the institution.
• Ensure that accounting and data entry policies, procedures and controls are properly implemented by the finance department.
• Preparation of the annual budget process and design formats, assumptions and provide guidance to departments as needed to ensure timely completion of the budget process.
• Evaluate performance of employees in the Administration and Accounts Department.
• Review and approve all accounts reconciliation.
• Responsible for all schedules and analysis of accounts as required by independent auditors, and assist in the preparation for the external auditing of the institution.
• Preparation of Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Management Information reports reports on actual performance/budget for all responsibility centers.
• Preparation of staff payroll and monthly computation of PAVE, SSF and other Pension contributions for statutory returns.
• Advise on investment of idle funds and monitor them for maximum profitability.
• Oversight of the general administration and human resource needs of the Institution, including inventory management.
• The generation, expansion and growth of the institution’s income and maintaining financial prudence and accountability.
• Assist with setting and implementing the agenda reflected by the institution’s broad Strategic Plan.
• Contribute to membership growth as well as satisfaction of members.
• The general execution of the functions of a Head of Administration & Finance in accordance with lawful and ethical standards, policies and procedures of the Institution.
• Any other duties that may be assigned by the CEO or Governing Council.
Terms Of Engagement
• Areas determined by the Governing Council (GC)consistent with the institution’s policies.
• Salary and fringe benefits are attractive
Qualification Required & Experience
• First degree in Business Administration in Finance/Accounting/Management; or any similar field.
• The second degree in related field will be an added advantage
• Membership of relevant Professional Body; CA or ACCA is mandatory.
The person must have the following skills:
• Extensive knowledge in accounting, budgeting and treasury management.
• Advanced skills in computer applications.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Good stakeholder management skills.
• An understanding of the sectors in which GhIS operates.
• Be able to multi-task, meet deadlines and work independently.
• Be able to work as part of a team, even under stressful conditions.
• Results-oriented & highly commercially minded.
• Previous managerial position essential.
• At least five (5) years’ experience in finance and administration departments.
• At least two years in a supervisory position.
• Been part of business/market development, planning and analysis.
• Financial management.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are to submit their application letter together with the following: • Curriculum Vitae (CV) including names and addresses of two (2) referees. • Copies of certificates and relevant documents. • The applications marked CONFIDENTIAL are to reach the address below not later than Fifteen (15) working days from the date of this publication:
The Honorary Secretary Ghana Institution of Surveyors (GhIS) P.O.Box 916 Accra Or personally delivered to GhlS Secretariat, on Indian Ocean Street adjacent to Food and Drugs Authority, North Legon, Shiashie-Accra. Additionally, an electronic version should be forwarded to: [email protected] Closing Date: 27 August 2018 Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted