GNAD is a non-profit organization that advocates for the rights of individuals who are deaf and hard of hearing. GNAD works through right-based advocacy on cross-cutting issues aimed at facilitating access to public goods and services for the deaf communities.
Job Title: Accountant
Applications are invited from suitable qualified persons for the following position at its national secretariat, Accra: Accountant-1
- Responsible for overall management of organisations accounts/financial operation
- Preparation of payroll
- Perform day-day-accounting entries, recording, verifying, analysing and reviewing
- Documentation of financial transactions
- Preparation and filling of taxes and statutory deductions
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports
- Preparation of organization budget in collaboration with management
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum of first degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) in financial accounting from recognized institution
- Must have Professional qualification either ACCA/CIM
- Strong understanding and proven experience of budgeting principles and financial management and ability to analysis budgets
- Must have at least 7 years’ experience as an accountant 5 of which must be in lead position
- Knowledge of current accounting software like SAGE or Quickbooks will be an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written skills
How to Apply
To apply for the position, please submit your application, detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copy of academic certificates to the Executive Director: [email protected]
- Please ensure that your CV and application clearly demonstrate how you meet the experiences.
- Please provide also a written statement (not more than 2 pages long) detailing reason why you think you should be appointed.
- Salary expectations may be mentioned in the letter of application but the final salary is determined by the project budget.
For further enquiries, please email the Executive Director: [email protected] by 10th October, 2019 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews in Accra