GNAD is a non-profit organization that advocates for the rights of individuals who are deaf and hard of hearing. GNAD works through right-based advocacy on cross-cutting issues aimed at facilitating access to public goods and services for the deaf communities.
Job Title: Sign Language Officer – 1
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the following position at its national secretariat, Accra: Sign Language Officer – 1
The Sign Language Officer will under the supervision of the director:
- Coordinate the sign language component of the Project
- Work directly and in partnership with the University of Cape Coast Diploma in Sign Language Interpreting team
- Develop a quarterly, bi-annual and annual work plan for Sign Language advocacy
- Conduct and coordinate training of regional sign language tutors
- Work in partnership with the University of Cape Coast for the screening of applicants for the diploma in SL interpreting
- Serve as liaison officer and coordinate all national level sign language programs
- Coordinate the Diploma in Sign Language Interpreting program at UCC
- Prepare regular narrative and financial project reports to the Executive Director
- Be responsible for the implementation of all training and capacity building activities
- Be responsible for the development of visual teaching and learning materials and assessment of Ghanaian Sign Language Interpreters
- Lead in the development of standardized Ghanaian Sign Language Curriculum
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum of a first degree in social sciences, education, linguistic, or human rights
- At least 5 years’ work experiences in education or related field
- Excellent command of the Ghanaian Sign Language
- Working knowledge of NGO environment
- Working knowledge of the Ghanaian Sign Language as an instructor or tutor
- Proven ability to work collaboratively including remotely under pressure with very little supervision
- Ability to innovate independently and within the project logic in order to achieve results
- Willingness to work occasionally at non-standard hours and to undertake regular travel
- Strong analytical, sense of responsibility and ability to manage multiple tasks, multi-stakeholder communication, excellent interpersonal skills and ability to meet deadlines
How to Apply
To apply for the position, please submit your application, detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copy of academic certificates to the Executive Director: [email protected]
- Please ensure that your CV and application clearly demonstrate how you meet the experiences.
- Please provide also a written statement (not more than 2 pages long) detailing reason why you think you should be appointed.
- Salary expectations may be mentioned in the letter of application but the final salary is determined by the project budget.
For further enquiries, please email the Executive Director: [email protected] by 10th October, 2019 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews in Accra