GNAD is a non-profit organization that advocates for the rights of individuals who are deaf and hard of hearing. GNAD works through right-based advocacy on cross-cutting issues aimed at facilitating access to public goods and services for the deaf communities.
Job Title: Ghanaian Sign Language Interpreter – 1
Applications are invited from suitable qualified persons for the following position at its national secretariat, Accra: Ghanaian Sign Language Interpreter – 1
- Facilitating communication between deaf and hearing persons at the head office
- Interpreting either in a group setting or one-on-one
- Working in partnership with the Sign Language Officer and Project Coordinator to provide information on Ghanaian Sign Language
- Working in partnership with the Project Coordinator and Sign Language officer to conduct sign language assessment
Required Skills or Experience
- A minimum of diploma in Ghanaian Sign Language Interpreting and or recognized discipline
- At least 5 years’ experience in working as a sign language interpreter with deaf people in various settings
- Candidates without the above but with proven practical skills will be considered
- The ideal person must have analytical mind and detailed understanding of work of Sign Language Interpreter
- Applicant must have an excellent command of English language together with Ghanaian Sign Language at a speed suitable for live interactive
- Demonstrate high working ethics
- Willingness to work occasionally at non-standard hours and to undertake regular travel
- Applicant must demonstrate an average of 95% accuracy in sign to spoken languages
- Must be conversant with the deaf community and knowledge of the diversity
- Evidence of successful interpretation at conferences, job interviews, visas at embassies etc. will be advantage
How to Apply
To apply for the position, please submit your application, detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copy of academic certificates to the Executive Director: [email protected]
- Please ensure that your CV and application clearly demonstrate how you meet the experiences.
- Please provide also a written statement (not more than 2 pages long) detailing reason why you think you should be appointed.
- Salary expectations may be mentioned in the letter of application but the final salary is determined by the project budget.
For further enquiries, please email the Executive Director: [email protected] by 10th October, 2019 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews in Accra