Posted on :
9 Mar, 2023
9 Mar, 2023
The Ghana News Agency (GNA) is inviting applications from suitably qualified, result-driven, competent, and dynamic professionals to fill various vacant positions. The available position is Administrative Officer.
Job Title: Administrative Officer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Implements Human Resource policies, systems and procedures, work plan in line with approved rules and regulations.
• Assists in the preparation of leave rosters of the various Departments.
• Monitors the actual Head Count of employees and prepare monthly manning reports for review and update the manning register.
• Coordinates and provides the necessary input during recruitment processes (e.g., shortlist of applicants, arrangement of logistics, etc.) in accordance with approved HR policies and procedures.
• Supervises and coordinates orientation programmes for newly employed Staff.
• Liaises with Departments to ensure that the placement, orientation and probationary period of new employees are strictly adhered to.
• Participates in conducting Staff Performance Appraisals.
• Monitors all contracts and temporary engagements with consultants in line with approved HR policies, procedures and related labour regulations.
• Processes employees’ actions including reimbursable of claims (e.g. leave, sick offs, medical, advances/loans, etc.) for approval in line with established policy guidelines.
• Handles and/or responds to HR operational enquiries from employees within prescribed limits of authority.
• Maintains and updates Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) in accordance with directives.
• Responsible for the maintenance and update of employee records and files.
• Conducts training needs analysis and coordinate/support the administration and management of training programmes.
• Monitors and reports on the activities of training providers and institutions.
• Provides support in the implementation of the Performance Management System of the Company.
• Monitors the activities of the administrative and other outsourced staff within the Company to ensure compliance with approved policies and guidelines.
• Provides support in the planning and organizing staff durbars and other staff welfare activities.
• Prepares monthly/periodic HR Reports relating to job function.
• Performs any other duty(s) assigned by Superior Officer.
Qualification Required & Experience
• 1st Degree, preferably BBA/BSc. Administration or Human Resource from a recognized university or its equivalent, with at least five (5) years work experience in responsible human resource or administrative duties.
• Good knowledge and understanding of Labour Laws and regulations.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding in the implementation of HR Policies and Procedures.
• Good knowledge and understanding of the HR Management Systems.
• Good planning and organizing skills.
• Excellent communication, presentation and report writing skills.
• Ability to maintain professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders and work effectively with all categories of employees.
• Ability to meet deadlines and execute projects.
• Good decision making and analytical skills.
• Good knowledge in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Internet and other HR software and tools.
• Supervisory and interpersonal skills in a term setting.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their application cover letter stating the position with a comprehensive curriculum vitae including supporting documents (Educational Certificates, National Service Certificate etc) to the
Director of Administration
Ghana News Agency
P.O Box 2118
Prospective Applicants applying for (Editor, Chief Reporter, Accountant, Stores Officer, Marketing Officer, and Administrative Officer) positions must as part of the application submit a Statement of Purpose (Number of words 500 words, font style – Times New Roman, font size –12 and lining spacing should be 1.5), indicating their strength, achievements, attitude and why they should be considered for the role.
Send application to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the applied Position as the SUBJECT and attach relevant documents (Educational Certificates, National Service Certificate etc).
Kindly note that closing date for submission of all Application is the 24th March, 2023. Applicants should note that only shortlisted persons will be invited to interview for selection.
Closing Date: 24 March, 2023