Posted on :
11 Jan, 2018
11 Jan, 2018
The Ghana Psychology Council is the regulatory body responsible for securing in the public interest the highest standards in the practice of Applied Psychology in Ghana. In order to improve the regulation of psychologists, paraprofessionals and lay practitioners, applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following position in Accra.
Job Title: Deputy Registrar
The successful candidate shall, under the leadership and direction of the registrar of the Ghana Psychology, be responsible for providing direction in the management of all areas of Applied Psychology and advise Directors of health on matters within the field of psychological health.
Provide technical advice for the regulation of profession and practice of applied psychology through accreditation of institutions for training of professionals and practitioners, registration and licensing of practitioners and premises
• Co-ordinate activities of all the levels and fields of registration at the secretariat of the council
• Undertake monitoring and support visits in all accredited institutions in the country
• Advise and assist the registrar to ensure the
• Development of policies for optimal utilisation of psychologists expertise to enhance the quality of life of Ghanaians
• Appropriate monitoring of professional activities and practice of members of the council
• Adherence to the ethics and professional conduct by the council in collaboration with MDA’s and relevant statutory bodies
Qualification Required & Experience
• At least 10 years post-qualification experience as a psychologist in Ghana, 3 years of which should be at senior management level applicants must be a licensed Psychologists (any field) with at least 4 years post-registration with Ghana Psychologist council and in good standing with the council.
• Evidence of participation in continuing professional and management development programmes
• Additional qualification of a postgraduate degree in Management will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested persons who meet the above requirement should submit six (6) copies each of the following documents arranged and stapled as 6 sets in an A4 size envelope with the position applied for clearly written at the left top corner of the envelope.
• Application Letter
• Curriculum Vitae
• Copies of academic and professional certificates
• Names, postal addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers of two(2) referees, who should be requested by the candidate to forward their confidential reports to the Registrar Applications should be sent by hand or by courier to reach the address below.
The Registrar Ghana Psychology Council Ghana Health Service Headquarters (former Limb Fitting Centre) Adjacent to Rent Control Office
Opposite Tema Station, Accra Further information, call us on: 0503-027254 Closing Date: 20 January, 2018